Participate as an active member of the Business Services Team working in coordination with the Workforce Programs Team. Assists with developing and executing the strategic direction related to business services with specific responsibility for implementing the delivery of business services authorized by the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA); fosters a positive work environment; ensures attainment of performance metrics; plans, organizes, and manages workflow, activities and continuous quality improvement of programs; proactively identifies organizational needs and proposes solutions to address needs; provides exemplary customer service to internal and external customers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists with the development and implementation of a demand driven business solutions system authorized by WIOA and other workforce development resources.
- Provides proactive outreach to local employers to develop relationships that result in understanding needs and assisting employers in finding and retaining qualified candidates for high wage, high demand or high skill positions;
- Establishes a responsive, regulatory-compliant and efficient system of work-based training opportunities, including on-the-job training, youth paid work-experiences, internships, incumbent worker training, customized training and apprenticeships;
- Works closely with local economic development and education partners to serve as a business specialist for regional industry sector initiatives by providing labor market information, conducting business-building sessions, and linking businesses with skilled personnel trained in areas that are critical to keeping businesses competitive;
- Focuses on employment sourcing strategies, recruitment, pre-screening of applicants, and creation of industry/sector talent pipelines;
- Reviews job orders to match applicants with job requirements, using manual and/or computerized file searches;
- Assists in responding to “Rapid Response” events and other large lay-off activities;
- Researches and provides Labor Market Information (LMI) to employers, state agencies, community colleges, and chambers of commerce.
- Develops collaborative relationships in the community and manages special projects as assigned.
- In conjunction with local and regional educational/training institutions, identify and bridge skill gap deficits of job seekers to meet current labor market needs;
- Identifies and cultivates strategic collaborative alliances with economic development agencies, chambers of commerce, business associations, organized labor and trade organizations to assess service needs and opportunities;
- Participate as needed in on and off-site job fairs, career day events, workshops, seminars and other employment related activities;
- Supports regional and inter-agency workforce development strategies including sector strategies;
- Professionally represents the organization at community meetings and other forums;
- Manages all aspects of assigned projects to ensure attainment of project goals;
- Assists in identifying and developing new financial resources including grant and proposal writing.
- Supports the development of policies to provide more effective/efficient service delivery and achievement of program objectives.
- Implements policies and procedures to ensure delivery of quality customer service and performance metric success in accordance with state and federal laws and regulations;
- Works with leadership to modify service delivery strategies and/or staffing in response to changing business and/or regulatory environments.
- Executes administrative aspects of program services.
- Inputs and maintains timely database/computer updates of employer contacts, job leads, and related information to improve department productivity, and business partnerships for reporting purposes.
- Conducts contract management and monitoring activities in accordance with all local, state, and federal laws and regulations to and align with best practices;
- Arranges and ensures delivery of adequate technical assistance to business clients, service providers and partners regarding program design, eligibility, and reporting;
- Identifies corrective action as needed to achieve administrative compliance in program activities;
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- Minimum of three years’ sales or workforce development and/or business services required. Sales and marketing experience highly preferred.
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
- High degree of self-motivation, integrity and accountability
- Organized and detail oriented
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
- Flexible work hours required
Qualified applicants may submit their résumé to email@example.com. No phone calls, please. EO/Disability/Veteran Employer.
Click here to see other postings on the MAX Job Board.