Jewish Family & Career Services of Atlanta (JF&CS) provides health, career and human services to support and enhance the well-being of individuals and families across all ages, faiths, cultures and lifestyles. Its more than 30 programs serve a variety of populations, including children, teens, parents and older adults. JF&CS is now seeking a Director of Career Services.
Purpose: This position is the Director of Career Services of Jewish Family & Career Services of Atlanta, a large, highly regarded health, career and human services agency, and is an exciting opportunity for an entrepreneurial leader. The Director is responsible for creating a renewed vision, strategy, direction, and operations for a successful service area. Through studying workforce best practices and cutting edge models in the Jewish and broader communities, the Director will design a strategy and service area implementation plan for helping people gain living wage employment in high demand sectors based on client interest and employer need. Through the oversight of all operations of the service area, the Director will provide thought leadership, promote quality program delivery, ensure data-informed program planning, financial sustainability, and work through the team to achieve the agency outcome of supporting financial independence/self-sufficiency for job seekers. It is expected that a portion of the Director’s time will be devoted to employer and other partner development.
- Setting the vision
- Learning about cutting edge successful models of workforce development providers that are both market responsive and build opportunities for both job seekers and employers.
- Understanding workforce and career services best practices and applying them to both existing and new services that may be developed.
- Continuous scanning of the environment and aligning programs to respond to current and emerging needs.
- Staying abreast of new trends in workforce development, job readiness and search, and maintaining employment, and guiding the program to align with them.
- External Relations
- Oversee corporate and non-profit organization relationships, with responsibility for aggressively developing, enhancing and maintaining key accounts to develop employment opportunities responsive to employer and job seeker needs
- Oversee and manage marketing to support employer relationship building.
- Work with Careers business relations staff to ensure management of an opportunity pipeline from lead generation through job seeker placement and ongoing relationship management.
- Participate in workforce development coalition meetings, business organization meetings (such as the Chamber of Commerce, etc.), etc. to ensure that JF&CS is known as a resource for both employers and job seekers.
- Human Resources Management
- Provide leadership and build a high performing Careers Services team to empower them to excel in their performance, deliver the highest quality of service, and achieve or surpass their goals/metrics.
- Continuously focus on developing and growing each team member to his/her highest potential.
- Program Management
- Oversee the operation of Career Services including program planning, financial management, staffing, grants management, data gathering and reporting, and outcome measurement.
- Ensure the provision of high quality customer-responsive service.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable agency, local, state, and federal guidelines as well as certification and regulatory bodies, including CARF.
- Ensure an efficient service area by using the all tools available as well as using data for continuous quality improvement and the ability to adapt to changing needs.
- Professionally represent the division and Agency at external community and business events.
- Play a lead role in budgeting, decision-making, strategy, and service area effectiveness.
- Identify and pursue opportunities for integrated service delivery internally with JF&CS programs and external collaborative partners.
- Knowledge and experience working with low and middle skilled employees as well as professional and white collar workers, long term unemployed, people who have been laid off, face a lack of access to opportunity or other barriers.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Ability to interface effectively with departments within the agency
- Ability to develop and maintain positive relationships through a solid understand of the nonprofit, government, and corporate sectors
- Sense of urgency and flexibility, the ability to adapt and respond accordingly
- Good computer skills (must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Managerial and leadership experience, including change management.
- Strong networking skills and a solid leadership presence
- Comfort in working with C-Level executives, Human Resources Departments, and other key corporate contacts
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor degree at a minimum; Master’s degree a plus.
- 5-8 years management experience a plus.
- Knowledge of Careers industry preferred.
How to Apply?
- To apply, please follow this link to locate the full job description and application: https://chp.tbe.taleo.net/chp03/ats/careers/searchResults.jsp?org=JFCSA&cws=1
Click here to see other postings on the MAX Job Board.