The Harvard Business School Club of Atlanta is offering scholarships (tuition, room, board, and airfare) to nonprofit leaders in our community to attend HBS Social Enterprise Executive Education programs in 2019. We are now seeking applicants. The programs are:
- Performance Measurement for Effective Management of Nonprofit Organizations (PMNO), for senior nonprofit leaders, Tuesday, May 28th to Friday, May 31st
- Strategic Perspectives in Nonprofit Management (SPNM), for nonprofit CEOs and executive directors, Sunday, July 14th to Saturday, July 20th
These programs provide a unique opportunity for nonprofit leaders to step back from their day-to-day roles, exchange experiences and insights with like-minded peers, and explore proven ways to help their organizations achieve excellence. Participants have the opportunity to connect with nonprofit leaders from a broad range of sectors and geographies, with approximately 40% of participants in each program coming from outside of the U.S.
Key qualification criteria for selection are as follows:
- For SPMN, the applicant MUST be chief executive officer, executive director or equivalent.
- For PMNO, the applicant must be the chief executive officer, executive director, or other senior executive who has a knowledgeable perspective of and substantial responsibility for strategic planning, operations, organizational advancement, or development.
- The applicant must work for a nonprofit organization that serves the community-at-large. It may not be a member-serving organization such as an industry or trade association. If it is a program within a religious organization, it must be open to all faiths.
- The organization must have a demonstrated and broad impact on the community, an experienced management team, opportunities and challenges that the program will help address, and the commitment to take advantage of the experience offered at Harvard.
- The applicant should have at least one year of experience working in their current role at the nonprofit organization.
- The individual must have a desire to improve his/her personal skills and performance, be capable of performing well in a rigorous classroom environment, and meet the criteria for acceptance by Harvard Business School’s Executive Education Program.
- The organization should have at least 5 full time employees, an operating budget of at least $1 million, and substantial operations in Georgia.
- The organization should have been fully operational for one year and be out of the start-up phase.
Both programs take place on the Harvard campus in Boston.
Preference will be given to applicants from nonprofit organizations that have not been represented at HBS Social Enterprise Executive Education programs within the last three years.
The application package is due by Friday, February 15th. Applicants should email the four components listed below to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 2019 HBSCA Executive Education application: click here
- Applicant’s resume
- Letter of support from the Board Chair or comparable senior official (she/he should email it directly to email@example.com).
- Organization financial statements
Click here to return to the full listings of postings on the MAX Job Board.