BUSINESS SERVICES MANAGER, WORKSOURCE COBB
Serves as a member of the organization’s management team to provide organizational oversight, strategic direction and overall leadership with specific responsibility for leading the delivery of business services authorized by the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA); fosters a positive work environment; ensures attainment of performance metrics; plans, organizes, and manages workflow, activities and continuous quality improvement of programs; proactively identifies organizational needs and proposes solutions to address needs; provides exemplary customer service to internal and external customers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops, implements, and manages business services authorized by the WIOA and other workforce development resources.
- Establishes a responsive, regulatory-compliant and efficient system of work-based training opportunities including on-the-job training, incumbent worker training, customized training and apprenticeships
- Manages systems and processes to link job seekers with job openings
- Assists in responding to “Rapid Response” events and other large lay-off activities
- Develops collaborative relationships in the community and manages special projects as assigned.
- Identifies and cultivates strategic collaborative alliances with economic development agencies, chambers of commerce, business associations, organized labor and trade organizations to assess service needs and opportunities
- Supports regional and inter-agency workforce development strategies including sector strategies
- Professionally represents the organization at community meetings and other forums
- Develops policies to support service delivery and achieve program objectives.
- Formulates and implements policies, procedures, and processes to ensure delivery of quality customer service and performance metric success in accordance with state and federal laws and regulations
- Modifies service delivery strategies and/or staffing in response to changing business and/or regulatory environments
- Provides management of administrative aspects of program services including procurement and contracting activities.
- Ensures procurement, contract management, and monitoring activities are properly executed in accordance with all local, state, and federal laws and regulations and aligned with best practices
- Arranges and ensures delivery of adequate technical assistance to business clients, service providers and partners regarding program design, eligibility, and reporting
- Initiates corrective action as needed to achieve administrative compliance in program activities
- BA/BS degree and 5(+) years experience in workforce development, staffing, business development or related experience or combination of education and experience which meets the requirements of the position.
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
- High degree of self-motivation, integrity and accountability
- Ability to work effectively with diverse groups and teams
- Organized and detail oriented
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
- Demonstrated experience managing WIOA business services programs preferred
Qualified applicants may submit their résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org by COB on October 29, 2018. No phone calls, please.