Connections to Employers
- CHOOSE ATL has created the Helping Atlanta’s Talent Find Jobs web page with connections to the many businesses around Atlanta that are hiring today. Workers affected by the COVID-19 outbreak can find jobs across industries. Click here to access.
- Goodwill of North Georgia is working with more than 35 employers who need immediate help to meet their needs for increased staff in response to the coronavirus pandemic. Job seekers can log onto Goodwill’s Virtual Career Center at www.careerconnector.org to connect with a job coach and explore current opportunities. Click here for more information.
- The Gwinnett Chamber has launched the Gwinnett Chamber Job Board to connect employers needing talent with employees in need of work. Click here to access.
- LinkedIn is routinely updating its list of companies hiring across the nation. The list includes companies with a presence in the Atlanta region. Click here for more information.
- Opportunity ATL is featuring Major Hiring Opportunities on its website by dozens of metro Atlanta employers that are hiring now. Click here to access.
- WSB-TV has published a list of companies that are operational in the midst of COVID-19 and hiring in the Atlanta region. The list was updated on May 20th and includes links to employer sites for more information and applications. Click here for more information.
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) is partnering with Opportunity Hub (OHUB) to recruit for several positions including technical trainer, technical program manager, enablement program manager, organization lead, and systems development engineer. The OHUB + AWS Tech Talk Series is an intentional recruiting experience that is inclusive of diverse communities in the tech and non-tech space. OHUB x AWS Tech Talks will highlight diverse subject matter experts from the AWS World Wide Solutions Architecture and Training and Certification teams. During the hiring experience, job seekers will be able to ask the speakers questions and apply for open roles. This is an opportunity to learn, engage, and connect with AWS in a different way—inclusive of one’s background. Click here to learn more.
- Avery Dennison, a global materials science company specializing in the design and manufacture of a wide variety of labeling and functioning materials, is hiring production operators and for several other positions in its Peachtree City, GA location. Click here to learn more.
- Bobby Dodd Institute (BDI) reaches out to metro Atlanta’s veteran community with 25 remote work jobs. BDI is pleased to announce its veteran-focused recruitment initiative to staff 25 remote Call Center Agents throughout the metro Atlanta area. Retired veterans with excellent communication skills who are looking for an opportunity to continue in service while earning some extra money working remotely are encouraged to contact BDI. Eligible candidates who successfully complete BDI’s Customer Service Academy training will be offered a remote customer service representative position in BDI’s medical supply contact center. Interested veterans who want to learn more about this opportunity should send an email to email@example.com and include name, phone number, and the best time for a veteran representative from BDI to contact.
- CVS Health, in response to the urgent and increased health care needs of Americans impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic, is accelerating a plan to fill more than 50,000 full-time and part-time positions across the country. The company has immediate job opportunities for more than 500 positions serving in locations throughout the Atlanta area. Click here to see the list of positions in the Atlanta area. Click here for Job seekers can click here to apply online. Click here for a brochure of what job seekers can expect to see during the online application process.
- First Step Staffing is working with a company in Lawrenceville, GA, to recruit candidates to serve as sewing machine operators for the COVID Masks Sewing Project. Experience in double needle sewing machine and single needle industrial sewing is required. Click here for flyer. Contact Sharon Farrington at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Inline Plastics, a next generation food packaging company, is hiring for several positions at its McDonough, GA facility. Click here to learn more.
- MARTA is hiring journey bus technicians and for other positions in Atlanta and Decatur, GA. Click here to learn more.
- Novo Health Services, one of the leaders providing sterile linen to hospitals and medical centers, is hiring for a variety of positions in the Atlanta area. Click here to access the Novo Job Board for more information. Contact Howard Arden at email@example.com for more information.
- Russell Landscape is seeking landscape professionals to serve in Doraville and Sugar Hill locations. Click here for more information.
- Tommy Nobis Center is hiring for workers to fill both temporary and permanent full and part-time positions in warehouse/production and assembly, kitting, packing and labeling. All workers must be able to pass a background check. Immediate employment is available. Contact Pamela Silva at 770- 427-9000 or Pamela.Silva@TommyNobisCenter.org. Or apply at https://nobisworks.atsondemand.com.
Paid Training Opportunities
- Goodwill of North Georgia offers paid training opportunities in the following skills programs: Construction, Floor Tech/Custodial, Healthcare Environmental Services (EVS), Logistics, Maintenance, Retail – Customer Service, and Welding. Jobseekers are encouraged to visit Goodwill’s virtual career center at www.careerconnector.org or call 844-344-WORK (9675) for one-on-one job search support from a Goodwill career coach to learn more.
- Tommy Nobis Center is recruiting for its Call Center Training Program. This is PAID training at $12.00 per hour for English speakers and $13.50 per hour for bilingual Spanish/English speakers. Certificate of Completion is provided after 500 successful training hours. Certificate can be added to resumes to enhance marketable skills! Training participants will develop customer service skills processing in-bound calls; not sales. The goal is for successful trainees to be hired by the host employer once training is complete. Training site is located in Alpharetta. Reliability and excellent attendance is most important. Training participants must be at least 18 years old. Contact Denitra Parker at Tommy Nobis Center at 770-427-9000 ext. 5153 or Denitra.Parker@TommyNobisCenter.org to learn more. Now interviewing for next starting class in July.
- WorkSource Cobb is recruiting Cobb County residents, between the ages of 16 to 24, to join the BOSS program. The BOSS program prepares individuals to be bold, open, skilled, and successful by providing paid work experience, professional development workshops, college and career tours, and more. Participants can earn up to $8,500 while they learn. Click here for a flyer.
Service for Employers
- Accenture has launched People + Work Connect, a free online employer-to-employer platform that enables companies to quickly identify and fill jobs in locations where there is need. People + Work Connect is powered by an analytics-driven platform developed by Accenture, which pools non-confidential and aggregated workforce information by categories such as location and experience. It gives organizations that have open positions a view into the workforce available to fill those jobs, enabling companies that have available employees to help their people find new roles. People + Work Connect is available exclusively to companies with approximately 100 jobs to fill or 100 available workers to place. It is global and open to all industries. It is not available to individuals or staffing agencies. It is designed to move large pools of people from one employer to another. Companies with roles to fill or people to place are welcome to join the platform. Click here to register.
Click here to return to the MAX Mondays main page.