The City of Refuge is a Nonprofit for impact organization that provides Light, Hope, and Transformation to a community that has been historically underserved. The City of Refuge provides a one-stop shop for community members who find themselves in crisis.
A key part of the City of Refuge Mission is to provide Pathways to Opportunity through High Demand Job Training.
We are in search of a Career + Employment Specialist who is capable of identifying candidates in an underserved community who have high potential to be successful in an exciting and rewarding career. In this role, you will be involved in community awareness, pipeline development, job placement, on-site class recruitment and achieving key strategic indicators.
The ideal candidate
Passionate about providing life transformation opportunities for individuals in an underserved community seeking a fresh start.
Why is this role important to the City of Refuge Mission?
As the COR employment specialist, you will be the connection to provide community awareness, access, and acceleration breaking barriers to generational poverty in an underserved neighborhood with incredible untapped potential.
- Recruit for classes on COR campus
- Plan, coordinate, and execute job fairs multiple times a month
- Develop and Maintain relationships with HR managers from many companies/organizations
- Teach “Launch”, a weekly hour long course made to prepare the women who live on campus for returning to the workforce
- Develop and implement employment strategy to meet COR outlined goals
- Consistently provide updates on placement pipeline (both applicants & employers)
- Update reports on placement and progress reports in Salesforce
- Achieve placement goals
- Strong communication skills, both in straightforward messages and more tactful, softer messages, either in person, over the phone, or over email.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Workforce Development experience preferred
- Salesforce experience preferred
- Input, maintain and document placement metrics
- Engage with employers & community awareness to understand potential hiring needs
- Manage and execute recruiting events & Job fair events
- Advise Workforce Hub graduates on current job openings & career events
- Provide interviewee training & prep when necessary
- Post-placement tracking, 3,6,9 & 12 month tracking
- Student & placement record updates
Interested candidates should email a resume to Jeannie Ross at [email protected].