The Director of Finance is a critical role in helping ensure WSA leverages our limited resources to create maximum outcomes and opportunities for the individuals we serve while adhering to all state and federal guidelines for WIOA funds. The Director of Finance will be responsible for taking on a leadership role in financial decision-making that affects the organization and is a key member of the WorkSource Atlanta Executive Team responsible for establishing and maintaining an accounting system with internal controls and management reporting that accurately reports expenditures and obligations for federal/state/private grants managed by WorkSource Atlanta. In addition, the Director is tasked with ensuring the agency makes payments to vendors and participants in a timely manner.
In addition, the Director of Finance will be the primary staff liaison to the Finance Committee and will provide strategic financial input to senior management and the board of directors and serves as a liaison to other functions and/or local, state and federal agencies. The Director will foster a positive work environment; ensure attainment of performance metrics; and plan, organize, and manage workflow, activities and the continuous quality improvement of business and finance functions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepares reports; provides financial information and analysis in response to inquiries.
- Provides expert technical assistance and consultation in area of assignment; develops and implements policies and procedures.
- Analyzes and presents financial reports in an accurate and timely manner; clearly communicates monthly and annual financial statements and variance analyses; and oversees all financial, project/program and grants accounting.
- Implements and maintains a contracts management and financial management/ reporting system; ensures that the contract billing and collection schedule is adhered to and that financial data and cash flow are steady and support operational requirements.
- Effectively communicates and presents the critical financial matters to the Chief Executive Officer and board of directors.
- Manages financial controls and accounting policies and procedures
- Oversees payroll processing and allocation.
- Ensures accuracy of internal and external information
- Manages the acquisition of capital assets and ensures that assets are properly recorded, amortized, and disposed
- Evaluates, recommends, and implements technology to meet the organization’s financial data processing, control, and reporting requirements
- Leads special projects as identified by the Board and/or the Executive Director
- Maintains WSA/WIOA Grants in the City’s Oracle fiscal system to accurately report obligations.
- Develops, issues, and interprets policies and procedures in related area.
- Oversees preparation of and presenting reports to the Executive Director and Local Workforce Investment Board; must be proficient with Excel and PowerPoint
- Ensures the organization’s understanding and compliance with OMB Compliance Supplement
- Ensures the organization’s understanding and compliance with, the requirements of Title 2 U.S. Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) Part 200, Uniform Administrative Requirements, Cost Principles, and Audit Requirements for Federal Awards (Uniform Guidance).
- Develops cost allocation plans to effectively utilize funds.
- Works with grants writer to establish budgets and funding requests.
- Adheres to WIOA and funding source policies and procedures for payment of expenses.
- Serves as designated WIOA and other funding programs approving authority for all expenditures.
- Coordinates Accounts Payables and Accounts Receivable with agency staff and City of Atlanta Grant Accounting group.
- Coordinates closeout of grants, including accounting files, equipment, file storage/transfer, and reporting as required by Federal/State/Private grantor.
- Serves as liaison/grant manager for all Federal/State/Private grants.
- Negotiates with suppliers and providers to draw up procurement contracts; administering, extending, terminating, and renegotiating contracts.
- Prepares RFP packages to initiate the procurement process
- Works with Department of Procurement to complete RFP process in a timely fashion.
- Works with the Legal Department to draft legislation for grant awards, contract awards, etc… to ensure funds are allocated for WSA needs.
Business Planning and Budgeting
- Oversees and leads annual budgeting and planning process in conjunction with the executive director and senior leadership team; administers and reviews all financial plans and budgets; monitors progress and changes; and keeps senior leadership team abreast of the organization’s financial status.
- Manages organizational cash flow and forecasting.
- Assists Program Directors and Managers with the preparation of budgets for funding applications