The MAX Provider Portal 1.0 was initially developed through a campaign launched in 2014 to help local leaders gain a better understanding of metro Atlanta’s workforce development ecosystem – namely, who is doing what, where, and for whom. The campaign captured a snapshot in time of organizations willing to share their information. The data collected was used as the basis for building Portal 1.0. However, as not everyone chose to share their information, the portal has reflected an incomplete list of providers serving in the region. It also did not allow other providers to join once the campaign was completed and therefore has not taken into account changes made to the landscape since 2014. Still, in its current form, Portal 1.0 has provided the most comprehensive picture of the landscape available in the Atlanta region.
In 2018, MAX launched an effort to develop Portal 2.0. Portal 2.0 builds upon the foundational work of Portal 1.0, including the incorporation of the WIOA eligible training providers, yet rebuilds the portal into a more dynamic tool for fostering connections. It includes some new and enhanced functionality. For example:
- Portal 2.0 allows providers to create and maintain their own profiles on an ongoing basis
- Portal 2.0 allows providers to be more specific about the services they provide and geographies they serve in
- Portal 2.0 allows providers to be more specific about the occupations and industry sectors they support and note the industry recognized credentials they offer training in
- Portal 2.0 allows providers to customize their profiles by sharing their logo, a photo, and organizational documents
- Portal 2.0 allows providers to provide links to social media pages
- Portal 2.0 allows users to keyword search on any information provided in a profile as well as search through more detailed filters.
- Portal 2.0 allows users to easily find providers located within the Atlanta Beltline and Aerotropolis Atlanta areas.
- Portal 2.0 will allow users to download their search results in an Excel file.
Portal 2.0 has been developed and is currently undergoing beta-testing. Portal 2.0’s development has been made possible via the sponsorship of Atlanta CareerRise, a pivotal anchor partner in developing Portal 1.0. It is anticipated this portal will be ready for launch later in 2019. The launch will be announced via our MAX News page and MAX Mondays email. Stay tuned!
As is the case with Portal 1.0, Portal 2.0 includes data based on a self-reporting nature. While it attempts to serve as a tool for providing an even more comprehensive picture of metro Atlanta’s workforce development landscape, it’s comprehensiveness depends upon the participation of providers throughout the region.
Portals 1.0 and 2.0 contain information prepared and submitted by the providers or parties acting on their behalf. MAX does not endorse any submission nor can we confirm the accuracy of the information or that it is free from omissions or errors. Users of the MAX Provider Portal accept these conditions and agree to not hold MAX responsible for any information accessed through the portal.
Accessing the Portal
Click here for access to Portal 1.0.