The Data Council is a MAX advisory council that works to better inform local and state policy makers and practitioners by amalgamating various data sources into a more comprehensive picture of the region with the intention of leading to better outcomes for job seekers and employers; by creating a peer learning network to empower and enhance the skill sets of research/data staff within entities; and by identifying opportunities for the more efficient use of data (including purchased data) among providers.
The Data Council is comprised of stakeholders whose primary roles consist of reviewing and interpreting economic, labor market, and workforce data in the Atlanta region, with the goal of having all workforce data voices heard through the council. Members represent key partners in the Atlanta region’s workforce development ecosystem.
Members of the MAX Data Council are members of the MAX Association in good standing.
Organizations represented on the council include:
- Atlanta Regional Commission
- Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta
- Georgia Power
- Goodwill of North Georgia
- Metro Atlanta Chamber
- Technical College System of Georgia
- University of Georgia, Carl Vinson Institute of Government
- WorkSource Atlanta Regional
- Serve as the Data Council for workforce partners in providing thought leadership for stakeholders on the utilization of data and data sources to improve research practices and inform workforce-related strategies
- Serve as the advisory council to inform the ongoing development of MAX Minutes, a webinar series that brings timely insights, often data-driven, to the workforce community
- Oversee and inform the ongoing development of the MAX Resource Library, an online compendium of reports, studies, data tools, websites and online portals, and other sources of information related to workforce development
- Identify and routinely review an agreed-upon set of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to serve as benchmarks for helping workforce partners better understand trends
- Develop and vet recommendations to foster a more coordinated approach in the collection and use of data among workforce agencies
- Advise MAX on data and survey collection efforts
- Support and attend MAX activities and events
JOINING THE DATA COUNCIL
The MAX Data Council is chaired by Marion Phillips, Research Supervisor with Georgia Power. MAX members interested in joining this council should email email@example.com.