The Provider Council is a MAX advisory council that helps align MAX strategies and actions with the needs and operations of workforce service providers, especially nonprofits and community-based organizations, in order to achieve its mission of strengthening connections, collaborations, and practices among workforce development organizations in Metro Atlanta. The Provider Council will utilize its subject matter expertise, network, and operating perspectives to advise, review and advocate for strategies and actions that contribute positively to the provider community.
The Provider Council utilizes the subject matter expertise, network, and operating perspectives of its members to advise, review and advocate for strategies and actions that contribute positively to the provider community.
The Provider Council consists of decision-makers in a leadership capacity with organizations with a demonstrated impact on the metro Atlanta region that assist individuals in the three primary roles of (1) job training, (2) job search and placement and (3) related work supports for obtaining and retaining employment either directly or through workforce service provider oversight.
Members of the MAX Provider Council are members of the MAX Association in good standing.
Organizations represented on the council include:
- Atlanta Center for Self Sufficiency
- Bobby Dodd Institute
- City of Refuge
- First Step
- Gateway Center
- Goodwill of North Georgia
- Integrity Transformations CDC
- Jewish Family & Career Services
- Latin American Association
- Per Scholas
- Urban League of Greater Atlanta
- Provide thought leadership as MAX works to identify, articulate and prioritize the issues and challenges affecting job seekers, businesses and workforce service providers
- Advocate for MAX’s regional approach in strengthening the workforce system
- Develop and vet recommendations to increase the quality, capacity, and effectiveness of Atlanta’s workforce system
- Serve as the advisory group to develop and offer professional development programs through MAX Academy and MAX Talks for workforce development practitioners
- Serve as the advisory group to inform the continued development of the MAX Provider Portal.
- Help build awareness of MAX among workforce service providers
- Advise MAX on data and survey collection effort
- Support and attend MAX activities and events
JOIN THE PROVIDER COUNCIL