On Friday, April 23rd, Dr. Dana Rickman, President of the Georgia Partnership for Excellence in Education, joined MAX to review this year’s Top Ten Issues to Watch in education.
First published in 2005, this report from the Georgia Partnership has been Georgia’s go-to publication for identifying the key public education issues facing the state for nearly 17 years. With over 3,000 copies distributed across the state, the highly anticipated annual report plays a major role in informing education, business, government and civic leaders in Georgia. Each state legislator receives a copy as the new legislative session opens and members of the Georgia Partnership leadership team are traditionally invited to brief a joint meeting of the House and Senate Education Committees.
According to Rickman, the Top Ten Issues for 2021 are as follows:
- Equity: The Imperative for Recovery to Success
- Funding: Essential for Achieving Equity
- Early Learning: The Foundation for an Inclusive Economic Recovery
- Delivery of Instruction: New Approaches to Learning
- Teachers: Professionalism, Pay and Preparation
- Accountability and Assessments: The Opportunity to Rethink and Get it Right
- Parent Engagement: Positioning Families as Partners
- Post-Secondary Completion: A Pathway to Prosperity
- Georgia’s Workforce Pipeline: Creating Equitable Access and Opportunities
- Reinventing Education in Georgia: A Call for Leadership and Collaboration
Rickman presented that data behind these issues and ideas for how partners can best collectively address them in the days ahead.
The session was hosted by MAX board chair Amy Lancaster-King, Senior Director of Workforce Development with the Metro Atlanta Chamber and moderated by MAX board member Daniela Perry, Vice President of the Georgia Chamber Foundation with the Georgia Chamber.
RECORDING OF WEBINAR
A recording of the full MAX Minutes webinar is available for MAX members.
MAX Members: Click here to access this and other recordings of MAX programs. You will be prompted to enter a member password to access this member-only content. Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you do not know the password.
Not a member of MAX? And you don’t want to miss out on the latest insights from employers through MAX Talks? We don’t want you to either! Click here to join MAX today and access MAX virtual events all year long for free!
ABOUT MAX MINUTES
Launched in 2014, the mission of MAX is to advance economic competitiveness in the Atlanta region by strengthening connections, collaborations, and practices among workforce developers and organizations engaged in workforce development.
Through our webinar series, MAX Minutes, MAX seeks to bring timely insights to providers, intermediaries, and other partners in workforce. MAX Minutes features talks by key experts in the Atlanta region and beyond on important workforce matters.