From the Atlanta Mission:
The Vocational Training Specialist is a critical member of our Ministry in facilitating the socio-emotional and vocational curriculum, preparing clients for sustainable employment. The Vocational Training Specialist will leverage strengths-based methods to build and foster client confidence to achieve successful outcomes.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Facilitates, delivers, and manages training that prepares clients for career opportunities; including the development of individual job search strategies, resume creation, and interviewing training
- Executes socio-emotional training in a way that unlocks the potential of adult students, while recognizing the complexity and difficulty of their individual backgrounds
- Assesses the effectiveness of curriculum and fosters innovative ideas
- Monitors internal retention
- Evaluates clients send-out eligibility (SOE) based on observation of teamwork, communication, time management, conflict management, and professionalism
- Ensures advanced preparation for weekly training to include making photocopies, updating curriculum content and room set-up
- Manages client which includes attendance, capacity, and flows throughout the facility
- Communicates with other departments of all client challenges requiring personal support
- Incorporates transformation concepts into all training
- Holds clients accountable for delivering quality assignments and achieving weekly goals
- Facilitates morning “Motivations”
- Tracks and enters data that aligns with the department goals
- Collaborates with external training sources to increase client learning
Click here to learn more about this position.
To learn more about Atlanta Mission, visit www.atlantamission.org.
Click here to return to the MAX Job Board.