From First Step Staffing:
We are looking for a driven and considerate individual. Someone who is responsive, courteous, detail oriented, innovative, outcome-driven, flexible to work in an often-changing environment; and an effective, thoughtful communicator. A successful candidate will be skilled and experienced in developing and implementing effective fundraising strategies that invoke passion about helping achieve First Step’s mission and role in helping people experiencing homelessness and poverty achieve self-sufficiency. This position is part of a national development team with a focus on the Southeast region.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- The Development & Grants Manager has primary responsibility for planning, implementing, and maintaining a complete grants program, including research, writing, presenting, reporting, and administration duties. Grant prospects include foundations, corporations, associations, and government entities. In addition, this position project manages grant preparation and reporting for the Georgia SNAP/ENT program.
- Plans, implements, and assesses the outcomes of a comprehensive grants program in conjunction with the Vice President of Development and Community Relations.
- Maintain grant calendar to ensure timely submission of letters of inquiry, proposal deadlines and reports (other reporting and management documents as required)
- Identify and develop strategies to optimize the grants administration process.
- Identifies, researches, and qualifies prospective grantmakers, both state and local.
- Participates in a prospect review process with peers in other First Step markets.
- Perform relevant research to identify available grant opportunities and evaluate the results.
- Grant writing and budget submission.
- Research for effective and authentic funding opportunities having a lawful registration and proven track record
- Oversee to ensure the grants are implemented according to the operational and financial needs of the organization.
- Keep relevant staff informed about upcoming deadlines and deliverables, thereby ensuring smooth completion of work responsibilities
- Oversee the job of invoicing, accounting, reporting, and other administrative functions to ensure successful execution of grant process.
- Monitor paperwork and other related documents connected with grant-funded programs.
- Maintain records of all payments and receivables and prepare monthly records for all grant related activities.
- Develops letters of inquiry, grant proposals (including project budgets), grant reports, and thank you letters.
- Oversee programming, reporting, and compliance for all existing and new government grants.
- Establishes and manages stewardship programs for grantmaking entities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Click here for the full job description.
Contact Kellie Brownlow, VP, Development & Community Relations, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 404-374-3130 for more information.
Click here to return to the MAX Job Board.