Our last MAX Talks event of 2021 held with the Technology Association of Georgia (TAG) featured a great conversation with Larry Williams, President and CEO, TAG, Hiren Shukla, Leader, Executive Management, Ernst & Young Global Neuro-Diverse Center of Excellence, and moderator Ray Johnson, COO, Bobby Dodd Institute on building a diverse and inclusive technology employment ecosystem that empowers and employs individuals of all abilities.
Here are some highlights from the conversation.
- It’s everyone’s human right to have a workforce ecosystem characterized by access, equity, diversity, and inclusive participation in the great prosperity that Georgia is experiencing.
- Organizations of the future are agile, resilient, creative, and able to use data and technology to solve complex problems of today, able to see around the corner what’s coming, and require more organizational muscle in terms of workforce.
- Millions of individuals around the world are considered “neuro-divergent” as their dyslexia, ADHD, autism, or another condition that enables them to think differently has led them to approach the world differently.
- Many of our neuro-divergent neighbors are known for special abilities – extremely high creativity, complex problem-solving, 3-D systems thinking, spontaneity, and entrepreneurship – and have a very high acumen and aptitude for data and the use of technology.
- An inclusive environment that drives workforce innovation is one that moves away from relying on educational requirements and focuses on aptitude.
RECORDING OF WEBINAR
A recording of the full MAX Talks session is available for MAX members.
MAX Members: Click here to access recordings of MAX programs. (Scroll down the page for the MAX Talks section.) You will be prompted to enter a member password to access this member-only content. Email [email protected] if you do not know the password.
Not a member of MAX? And you don’t want to miss out on the latest insights through MAX Talks? We don’t want you to either! Click here to join MAX today and access MAX virtual events all year long for free!
ABOUT MAX TALKS
Launched in 2014, the mission of MAX is to advance economic competitiveness in the Atlanta region by strengthening connections, collaborations, and practices among workforce developers and organizations engaged in workforce development.
Through MAX Talks, MAX seeks to provide opportunities for workforce developers to hear directly from employers about their current and emerging workforce needs.