On Wednesday, March 23rd, Travell Blake, a Location Manager in the film and television production industry who has worked on more than 35 productions, joined MAX to discuss the pressing workforce needs in this industry and how workforce developers can help. Blake was joined by Roberta Baker, the Set South Production Assistant Training Program Manager, and they discussed a unique partnership with The Atlanta Mayor’s Office of Film & Entertainment (AMOFE) to expand and diversify the workforce to support this burgeoning industry.
Blake shared several insights from his personal journey from Production Assistant to Location Manager, such as:
- How he got his start? What did success look like for him? What does he continue to enjoy this field?
- What is it like to work on a film set?
- What are the most pressing workforce needs in film production?
- How does one work successfully on a film set?
Baker shared several valuable insights as well, such as:
- How does one successfully participate in the Set South Production Assistant Program?
- How is the Set South Production Assistant Program is making a difference in addressing the demand for Production Assistants?
- How has COVID-19 impacted film production?
- How does the Set South Production Assistant Program partners with production companies and workforce partners?
The session was moderated by Ray Johnson, COO, Bobby Dodd Institute and program lead for MAX Talks.
RECORDING OF WEBINAR
A recording of the full MAX Talks session is available for MAX members.
MAX Members: Click here to access recordings of MAX programs. (Scroll down the page for the MAX Talks section.) You will be prompted to enter a member password to access this member-only content. Email [email protected] if you do not know the password.
Not a member of MAX? And you don’t want to miss out on the latest insights through MAX Talks? We don’t want you to either! Click here to join MAX today and access MAX virtual events all year long for free!
ABOUT MAX TALKS
Launched in 2014, the mission of MAX is to advance economic competitiveness in the Atlanta region by strengthening connections, collaborations, and practices among workforce developers and organizations engaged in workforce development.
Through MAX Talks, MAX seeks to provide opportunities for workforce developers to hear directly from employers about their current and emerging workforce needs.