From Goodwill of North Georgia:
The Instructor’s role is to:
- Provide skills training, classroom instruction, hands-on instruction, and vocational services in support of career service’s financial, mission, training, continuous quality improvement and marketing goals.
- Assist in checking incoming and outgoing supplies as assigned.
- Deliver highest quality, individualized services to program participants/job seekers, with a focus on the mission of Goodwill of North Georgia.
- Effectively train and supervise participants in a broad range of community and Goodwill settings as assigned.
- Implement approved curriculum and develop/customize curriculum for all levels of career services as needed and approved by manager.
- Prepare reports and summaries according to Career Services policies and procedures and requirements of applicable funding and regulatory sources.
- Within the parameters of the program, support and advocate for the program participant and their right to a higher quality of life through work.
- Work with employment staff to identify, recommend, and assist with a range of job readiness, placement and development services in response to market demand and individual participant goals and needs.
- Ensure participant opportunity, dignity and rights, including confidentiality.
- Work with each participant and program team members to identify barriers to employment and to develop and implement individualized plans.
- Ensure ongoing supportive counseling and crisis intervention as needed, by coordinating referral to and utilization of community resources.
- Maintain accurate documentation of program operations.
- Assist in prepare training schedules and job analyses, as assigned.
- Prepare annual individual training plan (ITP) for work and professional development and report progress toward achieving goals.
- Assist to maintain documentation and control of the curriculum, instructional materials, and tools.
- Develop and maintain quality relationships with funding, employer and community partners as appropriate.
- Assist in researching and developing new training site opportunities.
Click here to learn more and apply.
Click here to return to the MAX Job Board.