From the Bobby Dodd Institute (BDI):
The Community Work Incentive Counselor provides counseling and information on work incentives and planning assistance to individuals with disabilities who are receiving benefits from the Social Security Administration (SSA) as they seek employment.
- Obtain and evaluate comprehensive information from beneficiaries with disabilities
- Provide accurate information about Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) and Supplemental Security Income (SSI) work incentives
- Analyze and explain personalized impact of employment activities on benefits, including Medicare and/or Medicaid
- Develop personalized work plans that promote employment and utilize appropriate work incentives
- Link beneficiaries to resources to ensure successful employment outcomes
- Advocate on behalf of beneficiaries with other agencies and programs
- Interpret federal laws, regulations, and administrative code about public benefits
- Provide services via telephone, email, video, and some limited face-to-face interactions
- Limited travel to participant homes and other sites in the community, using own vehicle, may be required
- Attend and participate in all required trainings and meetings
Click here to learn more and apply.
Click here to review the MAX Job Board.