From United Way of Greater Atlanta:
United Way seeks an individual who is willing to grow as they guide the coordination and management for all aspects of CareerReady ATL. CareerReady ATL Director reports to the Senior Director of Youth Development within the Community Engagement department. This person will provide a major leadership role, guiding the initiative to ensure CareerReady ATL builds upon the existing work-based learning and adult workforce programs that exist in Greater Atlanta. CareerReady ATL’s goal is to create youth apprenticeships for young people ages 16-24, which will support our overall child well-being goal of improving college and career readiness by 10% or for 15,000 youth in communities with low CWB.
Grant Management and Fundraising
- Manage all grants awarded for CareerReady ATL by communicating regularly with funders and grantee partners, analyzing grantee progress, implementing work plans, completing grant reports, providing support to help grantees achieve their goals, assuring that grantees’ work plans are consistent with CareerReady ATL program goals
- Manage relationships between the philanthropic and public funding sources supporting CareerReady ATL
- Lead fundraising efforts which include completing foundation and government grant proposals
Partner Development & Management
- Identify, build and maintain diverse relationships with schools, employers, community partners and other key stakeholders within the youth apprenticeship sector to champion CareerReady ATL
- Maintain frequent communication with prospective and existing stakeholders to inform progress toward CareerReady ATL’s goals
- Create opportunities for cross-learning and collaboration among partners to support sectoral relationship building and system-wide improvement leading toward change in workforce development system that help CareerReady ATL achieve its goals.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for CareerReady ATL contractors, including a partner leading employer recruitment, a partner leading youth engagement, and partners leading wraparound support.
- Manage the overall work plan and track interim milestones assuring work plan are consistent with CareerReady ATL goals and objectives
CareerReady ATL Strategy and Implementation
- Oversee contractors and/or consultants to assist with key strategies to increase capacity for more youth apprenticeship opportunities by providing intensive tailored planning support to CareerReady ATL Partners.
- Develop program assessment protocols for evaluation and improvement to ensure program goals are reached.
- Staff and coordinate the CareerReady ATL advisory committee meetings which include cross-sectors leaders committed to advancing youth apprenticeships.
- Prepare effective communications e.g., reports drawing from the expertise of employers, youth and workforce partners to capture stories of impact, progress to dates and lessons learned for United Way’s Board of Directors, CareerReady ATL Advisory Committee, funders and other key stakeholders.
Click here to learn more and apply.
Click here to review the MAX Job Board.