CareerRise is a workforce funders collaborative managed by the United Way of Greater Atlanta on behalf of local investors and the National Fund for Workforce Solutions. The project works to increase regional prosperity by creating and strengthening partnerships and systems that meet employer needs for skilled talent and connect metro Atlanta residents to sustainable wage careers. CareerRise’s Industry Partnerships team is a regional workforce effort that CareerRise manages on behalf of and with financial support from WorkSource Metro Atlanta. The Industry Partnership team builds and manages industry partnerships in high-demand sectors and works across the workforce community to meet the needs of employers and of those seeking employment.
The Industry Partnerships Manager uses their expertise in workforce, business and partner engagement, facilitation and project management to engage industry and the workforce network to develop, manage, document programs and regional workforce strategies. This Industry Partnerships Manager position will hold primary responsibility for CareerRise projects and programs related to apprenticeships. This is a full-time, grant funded position.
Work collaboratively within a team environment to do the following:
- Build and maintain relationships with industry and workforce partners.
- Lead and/or support the success of key regional strategies and programs, particularly around apprenticeships.
- Organize, facilitate and document convenings and meeting outcomes.
- Engage and support employers, training providers, and community providers around developing and sustaining apprenticeship models.
- Represent CareerRise and Industry Partnerships team at key meetings and events.
Qualifications & Expectations:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field (public administration, business, education or other). Masters preferred.
- 3+ years experience in workforce development and business services/industry engagement.
- 2+ years experience in establishing, supporting, and/or managing apprenticeship programs.
- Experience working with the workforce system preferred (i.e. WIOA, ETPL, contracting, etc.).
- Proven track record in the successful implementation of workforce programs and projects.
- Experience in project and portfolio management. PMP or similar of competency desired.
- Ability to build strong partnerships and collaborative teams to accomplish program goals.
- Ability to work independently, with limited resources and balance multiple demands.
- Must be able to work occasional evening and weekend hours to meet deadlines, if needed.
- Reliable transportation for intermittent local travel required.
Click here to learn more and apply.
Click here to review the MAX Job Board.