The primary role of the HSE instructor is to teach, develop, chart, and produce a proprietary process used in an adult education environment and train on the LAI method. The HSE Instructor provides general education to students preparing for the GED test(s) and HiSET test(s), including basic academic skills in reading, writing, and math. The job requires the flexibility of working with other partners for HSE classes.
The primary role is to support and instruct students in math, science, writing, reading, and social studies and deliver instruction to students within the organization and partner sites. The instructor will participate in various professional development opportunities, create structured lesson plans, and provide education in an exciting, innovative, and impactful format.
Must attend and participate in staff development and staff meetings. The Adult Education Instructor is responsible for classroom employees and volunteers. Must be proficient in Windows applications (such as Word and Excel), Blackboard, internet, outlook, and job-related software programs. Must be flexible to travel to deliver ABE classes.
Lesson Planning and Classroom Instruction
- Plan, organize, and implement consistent and coordinated instruction with the outlined learning objectives
- Develop and implement detailed lesson plans that utilize the identified curriculum and incorporate differentiated techniques and strategies.
- Provide a nurturing, supportive, and positive learning environment with high expectations that encourage student responsibility, enhance motivation, clearly communicate classroom routines, and incorporate engaging instructional strategies.
- Evaluate and adjust, if needed, teaching strategies to support student learning needs and aid in student retention and performance.
- Track day-to-day communication with students, including, but not limited to, attendance, student progress and concerns, and programmatic updates.
- Provide guidance and instruction to the volunteer classroom assistant. Performs all other duties as assigned.
Click here for a full job description.
Click here to learn more and apply.
Click here to review the MAX Job Board.