[NOTE: Given the ever-evolving situation with COVID-19, job seekers are advised to contact the host prior to the event to confirm event plans.]
- Goodwill of North Georgia has reopened all of its Career Centers. Career Centers are open from 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM, Monday through Friday, on days other than a federal or state holiday. Click here for a video regarding what to expect when visiting a Career Center. Click here for more information on Goodwill’s coronavirus response. The Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) Works Program (firstname.lastname@example.org) at Goodwill provides funds for training programs for adults who are eligible to receive food stamps. Weekly Job Training Information Sessions will be held as follows:
- Cartersville – Skills Training Information Sessions – Tuesdays, 10:00 AM, Cartersville Career Center (929 Joe Frank Harris Parkway SE, Cartersville, GA). Information will be provided on the Logistics, Hospitality, Medical Billing & Coding, Welding, and Forklift training programs. Contact Capri Taylor at email@example.com or 678-744-3114 for more information.
- Decatur – Skills Training Information Sessions – Thursdays, 2:00 PM, Decatur Career Center (2201 Lawrenceville Highway, Suite 200, Decatur, GA). Contact Jacqueline Dottin-Dodd @ firstname.lastname@example.org or 404-554-9582.
- South DeKalb – Skills Training Information Sessions – Wednesdays, 2:00 PM, South DeKalb Career Center (1295 Columbia Drive, Decatur, GA). Information will be provided on the Highway Construction, Forklift, Floor Technician/Custodial, and Maintenance training programs. Contact Sean West (for Skills Training Information Sessions and Individual Assessments) at email@example.com or Rose Perry (for GoodBiz) at firstname.lastname@example.org or 404-728-8644 for more information.
- Woodstock – Skills Training Information Sessions – Thursdays, 10:00 AM, Woodstock Career Center (9425 Highway 92, Woodstock, GA). Information will be provided on the Logistics, Hospitality, Medical Billing & Coding, Technology Careers, Welding, and Forklift training programs. Contact Capri Taylor at email@example.com or 678-744-3114 for more information.
- Fathers Incorporated, through its Gentle Warriors Academy, is recruiting participants for its upcoming Next Level Fatherhood Program supported through a 5-year grant from the Administration of Children and Families Office of Family Assistance. The grant will enable Fathers Incorporated to serve 900 fathers in 7 counties in metro Atlanta. The first cohort for the 40-hour, 10-week program – designed to empower, add value, and transform dads to contribute to the strengthening of their children and families – will begin in March 2021. Click here for a flyer. Click here for more information.
- Goodwill of North Georgia Career Centers are pleased to announce the availability of Job Readiness Training classes for residents of the following counties: Banks, Barrow, Bartow, Chattooga, Cherokee, Dawson, Douglas, Elbert, Floyd, Forsyth, Franklin, Gilmer, Gordon, Gwinnett, Habersham, Hall, Haralson, Hart, Jackson, Lumpkin, Madison, Paulding, Pickens, Polk, Rabun, Stephens, Town, Union, and White. If you live in one of these counties and are interested in learning more about this opportunity, contact Anthony Sims at firstname.lastname@example.org or 404-293-1522.
- Goodwill of North Georgia is holding one-hour Virtual Information Sessions on Mondays and Wednesdays at 10:00 AM, and Tuesdays, at 6:00 PM, with the exception of state or federal holidays. These sessions provide information on the many skills training programs available through Goodwill. Click here to sign up for a session.
- Goodwill of North Georgia is holding virtual VIP Job Sessions on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Wednesdays at 11:00 AM, with the exception of state or federal holidays. VIP Jobs is an open sharing of job leads catered to a particular area or group of people with shared goals. Goodwill shares jobs with you and you can do the same! Goodwill also asks that you share support for working through challenges with your job search, but also want you to feel free to celebrate your accomplishments with the group. Tips for your job search and interview process will also be shared. Click here to join the session.
- The Urban League of Greater Atlanta is holding Information Sessions for its Urban Youth Empowerment Program (UYEP) Young Fathers Program, a program focused on young adult fathers ages 18-24 with current or prior involvement with the criminal justice system, every Tuesday at 10:00 AM and is currently accepting referrals for the program. The program will provide the program participants with access to individualized case management, career advisement in high demand industry sectors, educational enhancement opportunities, credential attainment, mentoring, career readiness training and employment opportunities. The “young father” is required to have charges adjudicated. The goals of UYEP Young Fathers is to promote responsible parenting and successful reintegration into the community utilizing evidence-based practices that lead to healthy child development, positive relationships with young fathers and their children. Supportive Services assistance may include MARTA Cards and stipends may be available at certain intervals during the program based upon eligibility and successful participation. Contact Ebony White, Program Manager, with any questions you may have at email@example.com or by phone at 404-449-6286.
- The Urban League of Greater Atlanta’s Youth and Young Adult Services @Promise Team is holding Virtual Information Sessions on its education and career services every Tuesday at 10:00 AM. Those interested in learning more about the many educational and occupational opportunities and programs for individuals, between the ages of 16-24, can sign into the League’s weekly information sessions. The sessions are hosted by Ebony White, Program Manager, who can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org or 404-449-6286.
- The Urban League of Greater Atlanta’s Youth and Young Adult Services program will be hosting weekly Virtual Career Readiness Training Sessions via Zoom each Wednesday and Thursday from 3:00 PM to 4:00 PM. This career training will equip participants with tangible skills that will enable them to secure jobs, identify career pathways, maintain employment, problem-solve, work toward financial goals, and move into higher-skilled and better paying positions over time. Contact Ebony White, Youth and Young Adults Program Manager, at email@example.com or Aaron Johnson, Career and Employment Specialist, at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. Click here for the Zoom link to join the training session.
- The Bobby Dodd Institute (BDI) is hosting an Igniting the Inclusive Workforce Virtual Seminar on Building a Resume/Interviewing 101 on Wednesday, March 3rd, at 3:00 PM. The seminar series is sponsored by Disability: IN of Greater Atlanta, Georgia Tech Institute for Leadership and Social Impact, Excel Program at Georgia Institute of Technology, and the Atlanta Foundation. Click here to register.
- Literacy Action is hosting its online Family Literacy class every Wednesday, from 4:00 PM to 6:00 PM. The class focuses on providing parents with skills that increase their verbal, reading and math literacy skills, and to assist them in promoting their children’s educational development. Click here to register.
- The Urban League of Greater Atlanta’s Youth and Young Adult Services is hosting College Readiness Workshops every Wednesday, at 5:00 PM. These workshops are designed to prepare and expose middle and high school students to post-secondary institutions. The workshops also feature a guest speaker from the admissions departments of colleges/universities. Click here to register.
- The Atlanta Regional Commission’s Empowerline and WorkSource Atlanta Regional are hosting a webinar on Job Search Tips for Older Workers on Wednesday, March 3rd, at 1:00 PM. Older workers can encounter many challenges during their job search, some of which are based on age discrimination and unfair assumptions. This webinar will give older workers the advice and support they need to make finding a job easier. A team of experts from IN THE DOOR, a workforce and economic development organization, will discuss resume tips, strategies to overcome ageism, scams to avoid, resources, and more. Click here to register.
- The Jewish Family and Career Services (JF&CS) is hosting a virtual event on Your Life Reimagined on Thursday, March 4th, from 7:00 PM to 8:30 PM. It is a new year 2021! Are you realizing that you want more out of life, but unsure of how to change your path? It may be time to pause and reflect on your career trajectory. Join JF&CS for Your Life Reimagined – an evening filled with ways to help job seekers analyze their professional path and arm themselves with tools to execute desired change. The event will feature insights from speaker Andrea Holyfield, Career Management and Transition Coach. Click here for more information and to register.
- The Urban League of Greater Atlanta hosts the Career Exploration Social Hour every Friday, at 1:00 PM. This weekly event provides job seekers with an opportunity to connect with potential employers and learn about the current employment market. Click here for a flyer. Click here to register.
- The Jewish Family and Career Services (JF&CS) is hosting a Virtual Job Workshop on Tuesday, March 9th, from 10:00 AM to 11:00 AM. Join JF&CS for a 1- hour workshop where we will explore strategies to conduct a successful job search that will help you secure employment more effectively. This workshop will cover key information regarding organizing an action plan to move your job search forward. Topics will include how to handle the emotional roller coaster, job choice and self-assessments, identifying potential employers, creating a personal branding statement, networking strategies and more. Click here for more information and to register.
- Kennesaw State University’s College of Graduate and Professional Education is hosting an Info Session on the EKG Technician Course on Wednesday, March 10th, from 6:00 PM to 7:00 PM. EKG technicians perform diagnostic tests to aid doctors in identifying and treating cardiovascular problems in patients. These tests help detect irregularities that may result in a heart attack or heart disease. Become qualified to be a critical member of the patient care team and one of the first to assist patients experiencing cardiac symptoms through the completion of the KSU EKG course. Click here to register.
- The Jewish Family and Career Services (JF&CS) is hosting a Virtual Resume Workshop on Tuesday, March 16th, from 10:00 AM to 11:00 AM. Join JF&CS for a 1- hour workshop where we will explore strategies to conduct a successful job search that will help you secure employment more effectively. 23rd This workshop will cover key information regarding organizing an action plan to move your job search forward. Topics will include how to handle the emotional roller coaster, job choice and self-assessments, identifying potential employers, creating a personal branding statement, networking strategies and more. Click here for more information and to register.
- The Jewish Family and Career Services (JF&CS) is hosting a Virtual Interviewing Workshop on Tuesday, March 23rd, from 10:00 AM to 11:00 AM. Learn how to better prepare for an interview, understand the different types of interviews and answer common interview questions. This workshop will address how to tackle difficult interviewing moments as well as help you gain strategies on the do’s and don’ts of salary negotiation. Click here for more information and to register.
The Jewish Family and Career Services (JF&CS) is hosting a Virtual LinkedIn Workshop on Tuesday, March 30th, from 10:00 AM to 12:00 PM. Join JF&CS for a 2-hour virtual LinkedIn Workshop designed to give job seekers and those in career transition a solid base of information to strengthen their brand on LinkedIn, This workshop will cover how to set up a profile and use the job search resources offered through LinkedIn. Click here for more information and to register.
Click here to see the MAX Calendar of Events.
- The Georgia Department of Labor provides Online Services through its website. Employ Georgia provides job seekers with the ability to view job postings and apply for jobs. Individuals can apply for Unemployment Insurance Benefits through GDOL’s website. Click here for COVID-19 Individual FAQs relating to unemployment benefits. Click here to learn what to do have an unemployment claim is filed. Click here for information for those with jobs impacted by COVID-19. Click here to access GDOL services.
- Goodwill of North Georgia offers Virtual Career Services through CareerConnector.org 24 hours a day. Job seekers can log on to CareerConnector.org and click to have a live chat with a virtual career coach. When job seekers first register online, they will be asked if they would like to schedule a 1:1 appointment with a career coach. Appointments are available by phone or virtually. Career Services staff will contact the job seeker to set up the appointment time through their preferred method of communication. Job seekers can also sign up for 1:1 appointments after they first register by accessing each career center’s online calendar. Job seekers can access virtual career services at CareerConnector.org and by phone at 844-344-WORK. Click here for a flyer.
- WorkSource Georgia provides a number of online career services tools through the WorkSource Georgia Portal. Career Explorer helps job seekers learn about thee job and personal skills they have and how those skills relate to specific occupations or careers. The tool also allows job seekers to find occupations that are similar to their current or previous jobs based on factors such as required knowledge, skills, and abilities needed to perform successfully. Job seekers can use the Job Market Explorer to find occupations that match their education, experience, and desired income level. Career Informer provides specific information on occupations such as wages, employers, future employment outlook, work activities and conditions, required skills and abilities, and job listings. Click here to access the portal.
Click here to return to the MAX Mondays main page.