[NOTE: Given the ever-evolving situation with COVID-19, job seekers are advised to contact the host prior to the event to confirm event plans.]
- Goodwill of North Georgia’s Career Centers are open from 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM, Monday through Friday, on days other than a federal or state holiday. Click here for a video regarding what to expect when visiting a Career Center. Click here for more information on Goodwill’s coronavirus response. The Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) Works Program (firstname.lastname@example.org) at Goodwill provides funds for training programs for adults who are eligible to receive food stamps. Weekly Job Training Information Sessions will be held as follows:
- Cartersville – Skills Training Information Sessions – Tuesdays, 10:00 AM, Cartersville Career Center (929 Joe Frank Harris Parkway SE, Cartersville, GA). Information will be provided on the Logistics, Hospitality, Medical Billing & Coding, Welding, and Forklift training programs. Contact Capri Taylor at email@example.com or 678-744-3114 for more information.
- Decatur – Skills Training Information Sessions – Thursdays, 2:00 PM, Decatur Career Center (2201 Lawrenceville Highway, Suite 200, Decatur, GA). Contact Juliet Younge at firstname.lastname@example.org or 404-554-9582.
- South DeKalb – Skills Training Information Sessions – Wednesdays, 2:00 PM, South DeKalb Career Center (1295 Columbia Drive, Decatur, GA). Information will be provided on the Highway Construction, Forklift, Floor Technician/Custodial, and Maintenance training programs. Contact Sheretta Sanders at email@example.com for more information.
- Woodstock – Skills Training Information Sessions – Thursdays, 10:00 AM, Woodstock Career Center (9425 Highway 92, Woodstock, GA). Information will be provided on the Logistics, Hospitality, Medical Billing & Coding, Technology Careers, Welding, and Forklift training programs. Contact Capri Taylor at firstname.lastname@example.org or 678-744-3114 for more information.
- The Urban League of Greater Atlanta is currently accepting referrals for the Urban Youth Empowerment Program (UYEP) Young Fathers Program, focused on young adult fathers ages 18-24 with current or prior involvement with the criminal justice system. The program will provide the program participants with access to individualized case management, career advisement in high demand industry sectors, educational enhancement opportunities, credential attainment, mentoring, career readiness training and employment opportunities. The “young father” is required to have charges adjudicated. The goals of UYEP Young Fathers is to promote responsible parenting and successful reintegration into the community utilizing evidence-based practices that lead to healthy child development, positive relationships with young fathers and their children. Supportive Services assistance may include MARTA Cards and stipends may be available at certain intervals during the program based upon eligibility and successful participation. Intake is every Tuesday at 10:00 AM at the At-Promise Center (740 Cameron M. Alexander Boulevard, Atlanta, GA). Contact Ebony White, Program Manager, with any questions at email@example.com or by phone at 404-449-6286.
- The Urban League of Greater Atlanta’s Youth and Young Adult Services @Promise Team has resumed in-person GED and Career Readiness Services. If you are interested in learning more about the many educational and occupational opportunities and programs for individuals between the ages of 16-24, please attend our weekly information sessions. Information sessions are held every Tuesday at 10:00 AM at the At-Promise Center (740 Cameron M. Alexander Boulevard, Atlanta, GA). Contact Ebony White, Program Manager, with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 404-449-6286.
- The Latin American Association hosts a Weekly Employment Orientation in Spanish on Tuesdays, at 11:30 AM, at its Atlanta Outreach Center (2750 Buford Highway, Atlanta, GA). Job seekers will learn, in Spanish, how to create a résumé/curriculum, how to do the job search, how to use the LAA Job Bank, and what to do in case of problems in the workplace, as well as receiving resources about education, financial literacy, emergency contacts and other LAA services. No pre-registration is required. Click here to learn more.
- The Urban League of Greater Atlanta hosts a Resume Workshop on Thursdays, from 2:00 PM to 3:00 PM, at the @Promise Center (740 Cameron M. Alexander Boulevard, Atlanta, GA). Participants can learn basic resume writing skills, how to write a targeted resume, formatting tricks, and more. Click here for a flyer. Contact James C. Tolbert at email@example.com or 404-441-7641 for more information.
- VeteranWorks is hosting a Career Bootcamp, fueled by the Society for Human Resource Management – Atlanta, on Thursday, October 14th, from 10:00 AM to 11:30 AM, at the Veterans Empowerment Organization – Rollins Hall (373 West Lake Avenue, NW, Atlanta, GA). The VeteranWorks Career Bootcamp is a series of monthly training events co-hosted by SHRM-Atlanta, are focused on assisting our United States military veterans as they navigate the job market. Click here to learn more and register.
- Girls Inc. of Greater Atlanta is hosting its GLOW (Girls Leading Our World) Program: College Fair on Saturday, November 13th, from 10:00 AM to 2:00 PM, at its Marietta office (461 Manget Street, SE, Marietta, GA). This is a Saturday program for middle and high school girls to explore the inner depths of themselves allowing for ultimate girl empowerment. Click here to learn more and register.
- Goodwill of North Georgia Career Centers are pleased to announce the availability of Job Readiness Training classes for residents of the following counties: Banks, Barrow, Bartow, Chattooga, Cherokee, Dawson, Douglas, Elbert, Floyd, Forsyth, Franklin, Gilmer, Gordon, Gwinnett, Habersham, Hall, Haralson, Hart, Jackson, Lumpkin, Madison, Paulding, Pickens, Polk, Rabun, Stephens, Town, Union, and White. If you live in one of these counties and are interested in learning more about this opportunity, contact Anthony Sims at firstname.lastname@example.org or 404-293-1522.
- Goodwill of North Georgia is holding one-hour Virtual Information Sessions on Mondays and Wednesdays at 10:00 AM, and Tuesdays, at 6:00 PM, with the exception of state or federal holidays. These sessions provide information on the many skills training programs available through Goodwill. Click here to sign up for a session.
- Goodwill of North Georgia is holding virtual VIP Job Sessions on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Wednesdays at 11:00 AM, with the exception of state or federal holidays. VIP Jobs is an open sharing of job leads catered to a particular area or group of people with shared goals. Goodwill shares jobs with you and you can do the same! Goodwill also asks that you share support for working through challenges with your job search, but also want you to feel free to celebrate your accomplishments with the group. Tips for your job search and interview process will also be shared. Click here to join the session.
- The Urban League of Greater Atlanta’s Youth and Young Adult Services program will be hosting weekly Virtual Career Readiness Training Sessions via Zoom each Wednesday and Thursday from 3:00 PM to 4:00 PM. This career training will equip participants with tangible skills that will enable them to secure jobs, identify career pathways, maintain employment, problem-solve, work toward financial goals, and move into higher-skilled and better paying positions over time. Contact Ebony White, Youth and Young Adults Program Manager, at email@example.com or Aaron Johnson, Career and Employment Specialist, at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. Click here for the Zoom link to join the training session.
- Literacy Action is hosting its online Family Literacy class every Wednesday, from 4:00 PM to 6:00 PM. The class focuses on providing parents with skills that increase their verbal, reading and math literacy skills, and to assist them in promoting their children’s educational development. Click here to register.
- The Urban League of Greater Atlanta’s Youth and Young Adult Services is hosting College Readiness Workshops every Wednesday, at 5:00 PM. These workshops are designed to prepare and expose middle and high school students to post-secondary institutions. The workshops also feature a guest speaker from the admissions departments of colleges/universities. Click here to register.
- STRIVE Atlanta is hosting Virtual Information Sessions on Business Admin Support Training Program, a program held in partnership with Aerotropolis Atlanta, every Thursday, at 10:00 AM. Job readiness training will be provided by STRIVE. Technical training will be provided by Atlanta Technical College and Chattahoochee Technical College. Virtual and in-person classes at the East Point City Hall Annex (3120 South Martin Street, # 800, East Point, GA) are available. Transportation and technology assistance will be provided. Click here for a flyer. Click here for more information on STRIVE Atlanta’s programs. Email ATLinfo@strive.org with questions. Click here to join the info session through Zoom using the meeting ID 594 433 9145.
- The Georgia Justice Project (GJP) host First Fridays virtual sessions every Friday, from 10:00 AM to 11:30 AM. First Fridays helps individuals with a Georgia criminal history understand what they can do about it. Topics include reading your record, record restriction (expungement eligibility), Georgia’s new law for restricting convictions, applying for a pardon, and how to apply for GJP’s services. Click here for a flyer. Email intake@GJP.org or call 404-827-0027, ext. 238, to reserve a spot.
- The Urban League of Greater Atlanta hosts the Career Exploration Social Hour every Friday, at 1:00 PM. This weekly event provides job seekers with an opportunity to connect with potential employers and learn about the current employment market. Click here for a flyer. Click here to register.
Click here to see the MAX Calendar of Events.
Click here to return to the MAX Mondays main page.