The Business Services Specialist is responsible for providing guidance and support to local grant recipients for all business services-related efforts under the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) for the Office of Workforce Development (OWD).
- Developing a comprehensive understanding of WIOA, with particular emphasis on business services and work-based learning opportunities (on-the job training, incumbent worker training, customized training, and apprenticeships);
- Providing business services-related technical assistance to Local Workforce Development Areas (LWDAs);
- Training LWDAs and other stakeholders on WIOA-compliant business services activities and best practices;
- Drafting, editing, and presenting policy documents, research reports, and planning documents;
- Planning, supporting, and coordinating meetings and conferences to support training efforts and other business services-related initiatives;
- Serving as an office liaison to external education, workforce, economic development and other business services-related partners;
- Collaborating with other state agencies and stakeholders to advocate on behalf of assigned initiatives and programmatic subject matter; and
- Other duties as assigned.
Applications will be accepted through Thursday, July 18th. Click here for more information and to apply.