[NOTE: Given the ever-evolving situation with COVID-19, job seekers are advised to contact the host prior to the event to confirm event plans.]
- Goodwill of North Georgia has reopened all of its Career Centers. Career Centers are open from 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM, Monday through Friday, on days other than a federal or state holiday. Click here for a video regarding what to expect when visiting a Career Center. Click here for more information on Goodwill’s coronavirus response. The Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) Works Program (firstname.lastname@example.org) at Goodwill provides funds for training programs for adults who are eligible to receive food stamps. Weekly Job Training Information Sessions will be held as follows:
- Cartersville – Skills Training Information Sessions – Tuesdays, 10:00 AM, Cartersville Career Center (929 Joe Frank Harris Parkway SE, Cartersville, GA). Information will be provided on the Logistics, Hospitality, Medical Billing & Coding, Welding, and Forklift training programs. Contact Capri Taylor at email@example.com or 678-744-3114 for more information.
- Decatur – Skills Training Information Sessions – Thursdays, 2:00 PM, Decatur Career Center (2201 Lawrenceville Highway, Suite 200, Decatur, GA). Contact Jacqueline Dottin-Dodd @ firstname.lastname@example.org or 404-554-9582.
- South DeKalb – Skills Training Information Sessions – Wednesdays, 2:00 PM, South DeKalb Career Center (1295 Columbia Drive, Decatur, GA). Information will be provided on the Highway Construction, Forklift, Floor Technician/Custodial, and Maintenance training programs. Contact Sean West (for Skills Training Information Sessions and Individual Assessments) at email@example.com or Rose Perry (for GoodBiz) at firstname.lastname@example.org or 404-728-8644 for more information.
- Woodstock – Skills Training Information Sessions – Thursdays, 10:00 AM, Woodstock Career Center (9425 Highway 92, Woodstock, GA). Information will be provided on the Logistics, Hospitality, Medical Billing & Coding, Technology Careers, Welding, and Forklift training programs. Contact Capri Taylor at email@example.com or 678-744-3114 for more information.
- Goodwill of North Georgia Career Centers are pleased to announce the availability of Job Readiness Training classes for residents of the following counties: Banks, Barrow, Bartow, Chattooga, Cherokee, Dawson, Douglas, Elbert, Floyd, Forsyth, Franklin, Gilmer, Gordon, Gwinnett, Habersham, Hall, Haralson, Hart, Jackson, Lumpkin, Madison, Paulding, Pickens, Polk, Rabun, Stephens, Town, Union, and White. If you live in one of these counties and are interested in learning more about this opportunity, contact Anthony Sims at firstname.lastname@example.org or 404-293-1522.
- Goodwill of North Georgia is hosting several Virtual Classes through its Career Services. Interested individuals should go to www.careerconnector.org to learn more and register.
- Resume Workshop – Monday, July 26th, 1:00 PM.
- Word Quick Tips – Monday, July 26th, 3:00 PM.
- NorthStar Digital Skills Testing Session – Monday, July 26th, 5:00 PM.
- NorthStar Digital Skills Testing Session – Tuesday, July 27th, 10:00 AM.
- Identify Your Transferable Skills – Tuesday, July 27th, 1:00 PM.
- Navigating the Job Market for the Justice Involved – Tuesday, July 27th, 3:00 PM.
- Wealth Building Wednesday Workshop: Building Wealth – Wednesday, July 28th, 11:00 AM.
- Tech Savvy Tips and Tricks – Wednesday, July 28th, 1:00 PM.
- Business Communication – Wednesday, July 28th, 3;00 PM.
- NorthStar Digital Skills Testing Session – Wednesday, July 28th, 5:00 PM.
- Job Hunting with NO Experience – Thursday, July 29th, 1:00 PM.
- Work/Life Balance Workshop – Thursday, July 29th, 3:00 PM.
- Financial Fridays Virtual Workshop: Managing Credit Cards – Friday, July 30th, 10:00 AM.
- Financial Fridays Virtual Workshop: Your Travel Checklist– 10 Tips for a Worry-free Vacation – Friday, July 30th, 1:00 PM.
- Goodwill of North Georgia is holding one-hour Virtual Information Sessions on Mondays and Wednesdays at 10:00 AM, and Tuesdays, at 6:00 PM, with the exception of state or federal holidays. These sessions provide information on the many skills training programs available through Goodwill. Click here to sign up for a session.
- Goodwill of North Georgia is holding virtual VIP Job Sessions on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Wednesdays at 11:00 AM, with the exception of state or federal holidays. VIP Jobs is an open sharing of job leads catered to a particular area or group of people with shared goals. Goodwill shares jobs with you and you can do the same! Goodwill also asks that you share support for working through challenges with your job search, but also want you to feel free to celebrate your accomplishments with the group. Tips for your job search and interview process will also be shared. Click here to join the session.
- The Jewish Family and Career Services (JF&CS) is hosting a Virtual LinkedIn Workshop on Tuesday, July 27th, from 10:00 AM to 12:00 PM. Join JF&CS for a 2-hour virtual LinkedIn Workshop designed to give job seekers and those in career transition a solid base of information to strengthen their brand on LinkedIn. This workshop will cover how to set up a profile and use the job search resources offered through LinkedIn. Click here for more information and to register.
- The Urban League of Greater Atlanta is holding virtual Information Sessions for its Urban Youth Empowerment Program (UYEP) Young Fathers Program every Tuesday at 10:00 AM. The League is currently accepting referrals for this program focused on young adult fathers ages 18-24 with current or prior involvement with the criminal justice system. The program will provide the program participants with access to individualized case management, career advisement in high demand industry sectors, educational enhancement opportunities, credential attainment, mentoring, career readiness training and employment opportunities. Supportive Services assistance may include MARTA Cards and stipends may be available at certain intervals during the program based upon eligibility and successful participation. Click here for a flyer. Contact Ebony White, Program Manager, with any questions you may have at email@example.com or 404-449-6286. Click here to access the weekly information session.
- The Urban League of Greater Atlanta’s Youth and Young Adult Services @Promise Team is holding Virtual Information Sessions on its education and career services every Tuesday at 10:00 AM. Those interested in learning more about the many educational and occupational opportunities and programs for individuals, between the ages of 16-24, can sign into the League’s weekly information sessions. The sessions are hosted by Ebony White, Program Manager, who can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org or 404-449-6286. Click here to access the virtual session.
- The Urban League of Greater Atlanta’s Youth and Young Adult Services program will be hosting weekly Virtual Career Readiness Training Sessions via Zoom each Wednesday and Thursday from 3:00 PM to 4:00 PM. This career training will equip participants with tangible skills that will enable them to secure jobs, identify career pathways, maintain employment, problem-solve, work toward financial goals, and move into higher-skilled and better paying positions over time. Contact Ebony White, Youth and Young Adults Program Manager, at email@example.com or Aaron Johnson, Career and Employment Specialist, at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. Click here for the Zoom link to join the training session.
- Literacy Action is hosting its online Family Literacy class every Wednesday, from 4:00 PM to 6:00 PM. The class focuses on providing parents with skills that increase their verbal, reading and math literacy skills, and to assist them in promoting their children’s educational development. Click here to register.
- The Urban League of Greater Atlanta’s Youth and Young Adult Services is hosting College Readiness Workshops every Wednesday, at 5:00 PM. These workshops are designed to prepare and expose middle and high school students to post-secondary institutions. The workshops also feature a guest speaker from the admissions departments of colleges/universities. Click here to register.
- STRIVE Atlanta is hosting Virtual Information Sessions on Business Admin Support Training Program, a program held in partnership with Aerotropolis Atlanta, every Thursday, at 10:00 AM. Job readiness training will be provided by STRIVE. Technical training will be provided by Atlanta Technical College and Chattahoochee Technical College. Virtual and in-person classes at the East Point City Hall Annex (3120 South Martin Street, # 800, East Point, GA) are available. Transportation and technology assistance will be provided. Click here for a flyer. Click here for more information on STRIVE Atlanta’s programs. Email ATLinfo@strive.org with questions. Click here to join the info session through Zoom using the meeting ID 594 433 9145.
- The Georgia Justice Project (GJP) host First Fridays virtual sessions every Friday, from 10:00 AM to 11:30 AM. First Fridays helps individuals with a Georgia criminal history understand what they can do about it. Topics include reading your record, record restriction (expungement eligibility), Georgia’s new law for restricting convictions, applying for a pardon, and how to apply for GJP’s services. Click here for a flyer. Email intake@GJP.org or call 404-827-0027, ext. 238, to reserve a spot.
- The Urban League of Greater Atlanta hosts the Career Exploration Social Hour every Friday, at 1:00 PM. This weekly event provides job seekers with an opportunity to connect with potential employers and learn about the current employment market. Click here for a flyer. Click here to register.
- Fathers Incorporated is hosting Men’s Den: At the Atrium on Saturday, July 31st, from 7:00 PM to 9:00 PM, at The Atrium (5479 Memorial Drive, Stone Mountain, GA). This is an evening of networking, support, and inspiration for metro Atlanta Dads. Click here to learn more and register.
Click here to see the MAX Calendar of Events.
Click here to return to the MAX Mondays main page.