Jewish Family & Career Services of Atlanta (JF&CS) provides health, career and human services to support and enhance the well-being of individuals and families across all ages, faiths, cultures and lifestyles. Its more than 30 programs serve a variety of populations, including children, teens, parents and older adults. JF&CS is now seeking a WSD Operations Coordinator for Career Services Department, DeKalb WorkSource Program.
Purpose: This position is an opportunity to work with and support a program and strong team of career coaches and business relations staff primarily through management of the intake process, ensuring clients are connected to supportive services based on career coach and business relations staff recommendations, do general program planning, client recruitment, and data collection and tracking.
- Manage the referral and intake process including:
- Ensuring candidates meet eligibility requirements, all paperwork is correct, complete, and signed
- Answering phone calls, emails and other inquiries to field questions and provide guidance on next steps for job seekers, employers, and potential partners.
- Conduct and participate in recruiting activities including:
- Hosting employer Meet and Greet
- Attending Workforce Wednesdays
- Scheduling and hosting orientation and eligibility sessions
- Working with marketing to create and distribute marketing collateral
- Attending job fairs, schools and other events, etc.
- Assist clients with connecting to supportive services including referrals to other intra-agency and external services as needed.
- Collect, track and manage data and ensure accurate documentation of all services received as required by funder and program plan for reporting to the organization and funders.
- Maintain calendar of events on website, Careers Facebook page, and Outlook calendar.
- Work with marketing to maintain website accuracy, create marketing collateral, i.e. flyers, etc., and send emails and mailings.
- Schedule and facilitate staff meetings for case review, and internal file audits.
- Manage supply inventory.
- Other duties as assigned to assist and support the Careers team.
- A desire to work in a non-profit and a commitment to offering the very best services in a manner aligned with JF&CS’ mission.
- High energy, positive attitude, and an approachable and professional demeanor.
- Knowledge and experience with populations who have barriers to placement including long term unemployed, people returning to the workplace after a layoff or downsizing, and low/middle skills workers.
- Excellent communication and customer services skills a must.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to handle multiple tasks at once.
- Sense of urgency and flexibility, the ability to adapt and respond accordingly.
- Good computer skills (must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
Education and/or Experience:
- A 4-year college degree
- At least 2 years’ professional experience in a role, which requires program coordination, customer service, project management or related work.
How to Apply?
- To apply, please follow this link to locate the full job description and application: https://chp.tbe.taleo.net/chp03/ats/careers/searchResults.jsp?org=JFCSA&cws=1
Click here to see other postings on the MAX Job Board.