Information Technology (IT) is consistently ranked as one of our “high growth-high demand” industry sectors for the Atlanta region, and IT skills are needed for success in most every career pathway.
IT certifications can open many doors for jobseekers searching for their next opportunity. Employers want candidates with up-to-date knowledge and IT certifications quickly show them a person’s mastery of a particular technology or practice–from help desk basics to mastery of complex cloud environments.
As career advisors, workforce planners, and training providers, it is important we understand certification requirements and employer workforce pipeline needs. During the MAX Academy: IT Alphabet Soup workshop, we dove into all things IT career-related and discussed:
• Current and projected employer demand for IT certifications
• Top certifications for jobseekers and what it takes to earn them
• Stackable IT credentials to support career pathways
• Assessing customer/student suitability for IT training
Joining MAX for this discussion were:
- Eduardo Hernandez, Vice President of Technology and Training Innovation, Per Scholas
- Camille Bentley, Talent Advisor, Salesforce
- Jordan Brown, Senior Recruiter, Technology, Home Depot
- Collete Cottman, Training and Engagement, Microsoft
- Jeannie Ross, Director of Employment, City of Refuge
- Jahari Soward, Director of Workforce Development, TechBridge
- Jason Strickland, Curriculum Specialist, Technical College System of Georgia (TCSG)
The workshop was led by MAX Vice Chair John Helton, Executive Director of Atlanta CareerRise.
RECORDING OF WORKSHOP
A recording of the full MAX Academy workshop is available for MAX members.
MAX Members: Click here to access this and other recordings of MAX programs. You will be prompted to enter a member password to access this member-only content. Email email@example.com if you do not know the password.
Not a member of MAX? And you don’t want to miss out on the latest insights from employers through MAX Talks? We don’t want you to either! Click here to join MAX today and access MAX virtual events all year long for free!
ABOUT THE MAX ACADEMY
Launched in 2014, the mission of MAX is to advance economic competitiveness in the Atlanta region by strengthening connections, collaborations, and practices among workforce developers and organizations engaged in workforce development.
The MAX Academy offers professional development and capacity building training workshops to help workforce development professionals develop new skills, learn best practices, and engage in peer-to-peer learning.