The Development Coordinator works closely with Executive Director and Cobb Literacy Council to coordinate and implement fund development plan to include a special emphasis on growing major donors and cultivating new support. This position manages development operations to drive and increase contributed revenue from all streams. This includes securing face to-face solicitation meetings, coordinating and executing gatherings and events with major donors will be the primary responsibilities of this position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Identifies and develops fundraising opportunities and other resources to support service delivery and achieve organizational goals.
- Work with the Executive Director and members of the board to determine quarterly priorities and action plans for cultivating donors and pursuing new streams of funding.
- Lead coordination, execution, and planning of annual signature fundraising event, “Are You Smarter.”
- Help to identify prospective individual and corporate funders and secure face-to-face solicitation meetings for Executive Director and key board members.
- Research and identify prospective new donors and proactively initiate sponsorship and funding.
- Work with Director and Literacy Committee to develop and implement an ongoing communications plan for prospects and donors.
- Work collaboratively with the Executive Director, board, and Literacy Committee to plan and execute annual giving programs.
- Assists in management and development of fundraising goals and works to achieve and surpass these goals.
- Facilitate the tracking and evaluation of results against stated objectives to assure that goals are met or exceeded each year.
- Ensure that gifts and grants are securely and promptly received and send acknowledgement receipts and thank you letters in a timely manner with maximum efficiency.
- In collaboration with the Executive Director, identify new corporate/foundation support aligned with Cobb Works mission and assist in writing grant proposals and cultivating opportunities.
- Assists in identifying and securing new financial resources.
- Adhere to the Code of Professional Fundraising Ethics, APRA Code of Ethics and A Donor’s Bill of Rights.
2. Develops strategic collaborative relationships.
- Identifies and cultivates strategic collaborative alliances while professionally representing the organization at meetings and other forums.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with donors, prospective donors, board members, volunteers, all representatives and supporters of CobbWorks, and local community members, organizations, and businesses.
3. Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Click here for more information. Click here to learn more about the Cobb Literacy Council.