From The University of Georgia, Carl Vinson Institute of Government:
The Research Professional assists with developing, coordinating, and supporting applied research and outreach projects that help communities, local governments, and state agencies make effective decisions. This position will be responsible for providing logistical support and research assistance to faculty and project managers in the Institute of Government’s Workforce Development and Economic Analysis Unit. This position has both strong project administration skills and an interest in contributing to governmental applied research and outreach projects.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and/or Competencies:
1) Ability to establish and maintain positive relationships with internal (i.e., faculty and staff) and external (i.e., partners and clients) stakeholders across the state of Georgia.
2) Knowledgeable in project management and general office operations (scheduling, note taking, coordination).
3) Skilled in meeting planning and logistics.
4) Conduct applied research through a variety of means including interviews, best practices research, data collection, and internet research.
5) Self-starter that is able to anticipate project needs, effectively prioritize competing tasks, and complete tasks by deadlines.
6) Strong communication and soft skills. This position will interact with internal and external stakeholders on a regular basis.
7) Highly competent in the Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Click here to learn more and apply.
Click here to return to the MAX Job Board.