From the Technical College System of Georgia, Office of Workforce Development:
The Compliance Specialist is responsible for monitoring and providing guidance to local grant recipients to ensure compliance with federal laws and regulations.
- Monitoring all local Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act grant recipients for compliance with federal, state, and local laws and regulations
- Creating and updating monitoring tools to analyze local grant recipient compliance with federal, state, and local regulations
- Developing a comprehensive understanding of the local administrative entity through reviewing and cataloging the entity’s policies, procedures, and other pertinent documents in preparation for onsite monitoring
- Serving as the Team Lead during monitoring visits and functioning as the primary point of contact for local directors and the Workforce Division’s management throughout the monitoring process
- Interviewing local agency directors, staff members, and elected officials to ensure internal controls are in place and function to safeguard against fraud, waste, and abuse
- Drafting and presenting the Workforce Division’s findings reports to local agency directors and elected official at the conclusion of onsite monitoring
- Coordinating corrective action plans with local staff after onsite monitoring and ensuring their timely submittal of corrective action documentation
- Compiling and presenting the annual monitoring report to the State Workforce Development Board, which details the financial and programmatic data
- Supporting the Compliance Director by drafting, editing, and presenting policy documents, research reports, and planning documents
- Providing ongoing technical assistance and guidance to local governments administering WIOA funds locally, regarding state and federal regulations
- Responding to Equal Opportunity and general complaints that are filed with the Workforce Division regarding alleged violations of WIOA
- Planning, supporting, and coordinating meetings and conferences to support training efforts, and training local grant recipients and other stakeholders
Click here for more information and to apply.
Click here to return to the MAX Job Board.