The Metro Atlanta eXchange for Workforce Solutions (MAX) was launched in December 2014 by a team of regional leaders who saw a need for greater coordination and collaboration among players in workforce development.
Since the launch of MAX, there have been several notable achievements for this team of workforce partners, including the unveiling of the region’s first comprehensive portal of workforce development providers and services, the launch of MAX Academy, hosting or co-hosting several regional events, and ongoing efforts to share information are all examples – each of which has led to increased connections and enhanced relationships among workforce development stakeholders.
During the past year, the MAX leadership team took time to consider how the invaluable role MAX plays as a convener, connector, and catalyst for the workforce development community. Following are some examples of what they shared:
- MAX pulls all the fragmented pieces of the complicated workforce development landscape together in one place (no one else is doing this for everyone
- MAX connects the dots in metro Atlanta to ensure that we have a workforce system that is working well together and leveraging all the available resources
- MAX offers a forum for individual organizations to think more broadly about the landscape and consider how to address the problems more broadly than what’s in the purview of any one organization
- MAX serves as the liaison organization, working to connect all influencers involved in workforce development, each with distinct missions, roles, and responsibilities, and unique doors
- MAX offers an open forum, with a non-biased agenda, for workforce development stakeholders
- MAX provides a platform for sharing best practices and learning how can we leverage each other and work toward the same goals
- MAX assists workforce development professionals in improving their services to the region
Moving forward, MAX will continue its work to be a bridge for the workforce developers and organizations engaged in workforce development.