WorkSource Fulton urges citizens to consider the potential advantages of short-term training for careers in industries in need of trained employees. Fulton County offers training for residents who meet the following criteria:
- Residents laid off by an employer in the County within the last 12 months
- Underemployed residents who make minimum wage, and need better employment
WorkSource Fulton can provide participants with Individual Training Accounts (ITA) for attendance at an education institution approved by the state of Georgia. Training can be provided within 4 to12 weeks in career fields with abundant opportunities.
Potential Career Training Options include:
- Certified Nursing Assistant, Patient Care Technician, EKG and Phlebotomy Technician
- Pharmacy Technician and Radiology Technician
- Dental Assistant
- Culinary Arts
- Construction – General Construction and Highway Construction
- Maintenance Technician
- CDL, Forklift, Heavy Equipment Operator
- Project Management
Applicants may contact WorkSource Fulton’s Adamsville Workforce Center at 404-613-6381 to learn more about potential training options.
Citizens in need of reasonable accommodations due to a disability including communications in an alternative format should contact the Disability Liaison in the Department of Community Development at (404) 613-7944. For Georgia Relay Access, dial 711.
For more information, visit Fulton County’s website at www.fultoncountyga.gov or connect with Fulton County government on Twitter at @FultonInfo or Facebook at @fultoninfo.