MAX is excited to announce a partnership with Business U to co-present Business U’s Certified Business Engagement Professional (CBEP) course through the MAX Academy. The 8-week online, interactive course will take place on Wednesdays, beginning on August 22nd and run through October 10th, from 1 PM to 2:15 PM, for our first cohort of workforce development professionals serving in the Atlanta region.
The CBEP course is designed to help workforce developers gain the necessary knowledge and skills to engage business and industry successfully as a partner in sector strategies, career pathways, work-based learning, and as a customer with government-funded services. The course culminates with a portfolio of engagement tools and an interactive capstone project—a strategic business engagement action plan (BEAP) that includes a one-on-one consultation (final oral exam) with the course facilitators. Unlike other courses that offer “certification,” Business U’s comprehensive and facilitated online course is accredited by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET). Developed by Business U’s subject matter experts, the course earned Business U the IACET 2017 Innovation of the Year Award in Learner Engagement.
Following is a sample of the anticipated learning outcomes:
- Understand the differences between a transformational and transactional business relationship.
- Understand the difference between supply and demand engagement approaches.
- Understand the difference between business services and business engagement.
- Understand the need to differentiate a “business” from an “employer.”
- Self-identify transactional and transformational business engagement behaviors.
- Apply relationship building principles to develop a transformational relationship with business and industry.
- Understand sector initiatives and registered apprenticeship as workforce development strategies to build a talent pipeline.
- Apply a performance-based scorecard that matter to the organization, regional partners, and business customers.
- Contribute to a regional resource map that serves employers during their various business cycles to enhance employment opportunities.
Upon the successful completion of the course, participants will have earned the professional designation CBEP (Certified Business Engagement Professional) and receive via mail a personalized Certificate of Completion that documents the earning of 2.4 Continuing Education Units (CEU).
MAX cohort participants are eligible for a 25 percent discounted registration. Limited seats are available for our first cohort. Click here for a registration form with the discount included.
For more information on Business U and the CBEP course, contact Shayne Nelson at email@example.com. For more information on MAX cohort plans, contact Joy Wilkins at firstname.lastname@example.org.