Fulton County seeks a Director of Housing and Community Development to direct the planning and organizing functions associated with the overall operations of the Housing and Community Development Department. Following is a list of essential job duties for this position:
- Supervises, directs, and evaluates assigned staff: makes hiring or termination decisions/recommendations; develops and oversees employee work schedules to ensure adequate coverage and control; compiles and reviews timesheets; approves/processes employee concerns and problems and counsels or disciplines as appropriate; assists with or completes employee performance appraisals; and trains staff in operations, policies, and procedures.
- Organizes, prioritizes, and assigns work; prioritizes and schedules work activities in order to meet objectives; ensures that subordinates have the proper resources needed to complete the assigned work; monitors status of work in progress and inspects completed work; consults with assigned staff to assist with complex/problem situations and provide technical expertise; and provides progress and activity reports to county management.
- Oversees the administration and contract compliance management of federal and local grant funds provided for community development, including Community Development Block Grant (CDBG); Neighborhood Stabilization Program (NSP); and HOME, Emergency Solutions, and other programs; and/or housing projects within Fulton County and its municipalities.
- Conducts comprehensive business studies and develops position papers, briefing memos, and complex written and oral reports for presentation to the County Manager, and Board of Commissioners to advise of issues and concerns affecting funding for affordable housing.
- Analyzes and interprets existing and proposed legislation affecting housing-related issues to determine their impact on Fulton County’s programs and practices and to ensure federal and state compliance.
- Oversees Fulton County’s Homeless Continuum of Care and other service assistance to those experiencing homelessness.
- Oversees grant administration: identifies and evaluates housing-related funding sources; directs the application process for federal and state funding and oversees grant-funding processes; and develops policies and procedures to govern grants and grant-funded programs; and oversees financial management of grant-funded projects, including preparing operating budgets, reporting, cost allocations, managing expenses, and ensuring appropriate audit controls.
- Oversees development of division budget: reviews previous year’s expenditures, and determines budgetary needs for staffing, supplies, equipment, services, and/or capital improvements; confers with Deputy Director to monitor expenditures for budget compliance; and approves program expenditures prior to submission for payment.
- Develops action plans and creates strategies and methods for establishing policy for projects.
Click here to learn more.