As we say goodbye to 2019 and begin a new year, we are excited about continuing the mission of MAX by strengthening connections, collaborations, and practices among workforce developers and organizations engaged in workforce development in the Atlanta region.
MAX was launched in December of 2014 by a team of regional leaders who recognized that increased collaboration across the Atlanta region’s workforce development arena empowers all stakeholders to positively influence each other’s efforts and realize greater collective impacts through stronger cohesiveness. Since its inception, MAX has been all about serving as a convener, connector, and catalyst for building and strengthening relationships among workforce partners.
Following are some of the key accomplishments achieved through the collaborative partnerships made possible through MAX during our first five years together.
- Launch of the Atlanta region’s first comprehensive portal to learn about who is doing what, where, and for whom with respect to workforce development in the Atlanta region
- Launch of the MAX website, a gateway for accessing WorkSource Metro Atlanta along with a centralized calendar of events; reports, data tools, and other resources; a job board and RFP board, and more
- Development of a leadership structure for MAX with a board of directors providing strategic direction and vital support that makes it possible for MAX to meet its mission in best serving the workforce community
- Creation of the MAX Provider Council, an advisory council which works to help align MAX strategies and actions with the needs and operations of workforce service providers – especially nonprofits and community-based organizations
- Creation of the MAX Data Council, an advisory council which works to better inform local and state policy makers and practitioners by amalgamating various data sources into a more comprehensive picture of the region with the intention of leading to better outcomes for job seekers and employers
- Coordination of professional development opportunities through the MAX Academy
- Development of the MAX Leadership Network which is comprised of workforce leaders who convene regularly to strengthen our collective capacity as workforce developers to meet the needs that employers have for a ready workforce
- Delivery of MAX Mondays, a weekly email to build awareness about workforce programs, events, and other happenings in our region
Special thanks to our founders who had the inspiration and vision to start the MAX journey five years ago. Special thanks also to our anchor investors who help sustain the work of MAX. And special thanks to the more than 1,000 providers, intermediaries, and other workforce partners who are part of the MAX network today.
Happy anniversary MAX partners! As we look ahead into 2020 and beyond, we look forward to continuing to serve the Atlanta region with you.