Even in pandemic times, metro Atlanta continues to be the location of choice for companies ranging from the small business to the major corporation. Exciting projects from Microsoft, Papa John’s, Airbnb, RYSE Interactive, Sugarland Bakery and others have helped generate a diverse range of economic opportunity for all concerned.
On March 5th, Gregg Simon, Senior Vice President of Project and Partner Development, Economic Development, and Grant Wainscott, Vice President of Ecosystem Expansion for the Metro Atlanta Chamber, joined MAX to share the latest on companies moving in or expanding here and how the Atlanta region’s workforce has played a major role in attracting new business investment. Following are just a few highlights from what they shared:
- Economic development is a true team sport. The Metro Atlanta Chamber, Georgia Department of Economic Development, Georgia Power, local partners, universities, and others all play a critical role in bringing about new investment and job creation.
- Metro Atlanta is the ideal location for all sorts of industry and operation types, from industrial, distribution, and manufacturing to data centers, call centers, and shared services to R&D operations and corporate headquarters, for example, creating a broad range of career pathways.
- Once a company locates or expands with a new operation, the work to care for the company has just begun. The Metro Atlanta Chamber and partners work to really understand who the employers are and how to connect them to the staff they need.
- Metro Atlanta has seen new career pathways emerge in recent years. For example, video gaming has become more mainstream as a career pathway in the last five years.
- Workforce is the first, middle, and last question a company has when exploring the possibility of investing in metro Atlanta.
ABOUT MAX MINUTES
Launched in 2014, the mission of MAX is to advance economic competitiveness in the Atlanta region by strengthening connections, collaborations, and practices among workforce developers and organizations engaged in workforce development.
Through our webinar series, MAX Minutes, MAX seeks to bring timely insights to providers, intermediaries, and other partners in workforce. MAX Minutes features talks by key experts in the Atlanta region and beyond on important workforce matters.