From the Georgia Department of Human Services:
The Georgia Department of Human Services (DHS) provides a wide range of human services designed to promote self-sufficiency, safety, and well-being for all Georgians. The department is one of the largest agencies in state government with an annual budget of $1.8 billion and nearly 9,000 employees. DHS is comprised of three Divisions: The Division of Aging Services, the Division of Child Support Services, and the Division of Family and Children Services.
The Georgia Division of Family and Children Services (DFCS), a division of the Georgia Department of Human Services, investigates reports of child abuse; finds foster and adoptive homes for abused and neglected children; issues Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), Medicaid, and Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) to low-income families; helps out-of-work parents get back on their feet; and provides numerous support services and innovative programs to help families in need.
DFCS / Office of Family Independence (OFI) is seeking candidates to fill several positions as an Economic Support Specialist 1 inclusive of various roles within OFI.
These positions will report to the Economic Support Specialist Supervisor and are in various locations throughout Georgia and may require travel.
Under direct supervision, the selected candidate will work with customers to process applications and renewals to determine eligibility for DFCS programs.
- Determines eligibility for Family Medicaid or Food Stamps.
- Processes applications and/or reviews and interim changes using appropriate criteria and policies consistently and according to established guidelines.
- Records and evaluates personal and financial data obtained from individuals.
- Keys in a high volume of data using standard office hardware and software.
- Performs other professional responsibilities as assigned.
- A minimum training score of 80% is required.
Click here to learn more and apply.
Click here to return to the MAX Job Board.