From Goodwill of North Georgia:
The successful candidate will have a high level of comfort with ambiguity, independent work, and enjoy a wide variety of tasks. Primary responsibilities include management of scheduling and calendar for the Vice President of Career Services, requiring the highest levels of professional communication skills with contacts at the local, state, and national level, and strong organizational skills. Other duties within the role are administrative with recurring reports, meeting coordination with prep of agendas/materials/minutes, but the rest of the role is very much varied and random tasks, research, and project management related to strategic initiatives, developing external partnerships, and operational systems. The person working in this role will work across departments, with multiple agency partners, at all levels.
A note about the location, while you will see that the posting is listed for Decatur or Athens those are the Goodwill offices where meeting support occurs most frequently, but the position can be based out of any location and is able to have a portion of the time working from home (even after the pandemic.) That said, the person filling this role must be available to be flexible across our territory and hours, including things like a breakfast meeting at 7:30 am downtown Atlanta or an early evening event in Athens from time-to-time, as support of the VP’s travel schedule requires this support position to be available across our many communities and partner locations.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, journalism, marketing, social work, rehabilitation, community development, or related fields.
- Minimum four (4) years related work experience in business, public relations, writing, rehabilitation, workforce development, community development or related fields.
- Strong writing, analytical, organization and communication skills. Strong working knowledge of project management, and coordination of teams.
- Must be computer literate and proficient in Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Must possess keyboarding/typing skills of 55 WPM and the ability to produce professional business quality documents, reports and presentations.
- Ability to be flexible in hours and work locations (across greater service area) to accommodate the needs of the Vice President and Goodwill.
- Ability to travel across the state of Georgia when required for third party meetings, with occasional overnight travel.
- Strong ability to exercise sound judgment and maintain positive working relationships with a wide variety of organizations and individuals.
- Must have access to reliable transportation and a clean motor vehicle report (MVR).
Working Environment Conditions/Requirements:
- The ability to push, pull and lift 20lbs. with or without accommodations.
- Must be able to safely operate a vehicle and have a valid driver’s license.
- Must be able to meet all physical requirements to perform all duties relating to Career Services
The link to learn more is SPEC108350 and starting salary is mid $40s.
Click here to return to the MAX Job Board.