From Jewish Family & Career Services (JF&CS):
Jewish Family & Career Services (JF&CS) is a human service agency providing professionally delivered services to individuals and families of all religions, cultures, ages and lifestyles that support self-determination and self-sufficiency. Our vast array of services and programs serve a diverse population. People come to us knowing we will do our best to help them or to point them in the right direction. We hold these values close to our heart:
- Commitment and Integrity
- Compassion and Respect
- Innovation and Collaboration
- Responsiveness to Diverse Needs
The purpose of this job is to give individuals with developmental disabilities the tools to live as independently as they possibly can while ensuring safety and high-quality service.
- Provide training and support to the individuals in all daily living skills including but not limited to nutrition, personal hygiene, health care, safety, communication, interpersonal relations, mobility, financial management, home management and use of leisure time as outlined in the individual service plan (ISP).
- Ensure individuals are taking medication according to prescribed schedule. Assist the individual with scheduling and attending medical appointments as outlined on the Individual Support Plan. Accompany individual and facilitate participation in visits for medical care, therapies, personal shopping, recreation and other community activities as needed.
- Provide training and support in the areas of social, emotional, physical and spiritual development.
- Become acquainted with individual’s job setting and communicate with key personal supervising the individual (including job coach, support coordinator, day program, etc.).
- Maintain a relationship with and communicate with families and key supports regarding the individual’s day to day needs and successes.
Click here for the full job description.
Click here to return to the MAX Job Board.