From Goodwill of North Georgia:
Are you a person who lives to advocate for others? Can you provide case management, vocational guidance, training and supervision to persons with barriers to employment? Come be a part of something worthwhile. When you work with Goodwill of North Georgia you’ll receive valuable training, experience and benefits.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in vocationally related field and 2+ years of experience working in counseling linking with community resources, special education or vocational instruction
- Master’s Degree in rehabilitation counseling or a counseling related field.
- Note: In the absence of a higher education degree, you will work under the direct, on-site supervision of someone with a master’s or bachelor’s degree as listed above.
- Working knowledge of workforce development, micro-enterprise and employability skills and career search practices.
- Experience with medical, psychological, social and vocational aspects of disability and/or economic disadvantage; community resources, occupational information and job readiness.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and other designated software.
- The ability to facilitate positive actions and growth of participants in a flexible geographic work environment and working hours where self-direction, prioritizing and organizational skills are crucial to success.
- Strong ability to exercise sound judgment and maintain positive working relationships with a wide variety of organizations and individuals.
- Must have access to and maintain reliable transportation and a clean motor vehicle report (MVR).
Working Environment Conditions/Requirements:
- The ability to push, pull and lift 20lbs. with or without accommodations.
- Must be able to safely operate a vehicle and have a valid driver’s license.
- Must be able to meet all physical requirements to perform all duties relating to Career Services including driving, material handling, transporting and carrying documents, handbooks and various supplies.
- Prior military or non-profit experience
What you’ll be doing:
As a Case Manager you will provide case management, vocational guidance, advocacy, training and supervision to persons with barriers to employment in accordance with the mission of Goodwill of North Georgia and Career Services. Last year Goodwill of North Georgia helped put 20,000 people to work and we want this year to be even better!
- Assist in recruitment of eligible participants qualified for funding to ensure financial sustainability of programs.
- Ensure that highest quality, individualized services are delivered to program participants with a focus on the mission of Goodwill of North Georgia.
- Interview participants concerning work history, education, vocational interests and goals, social, economic, and medical background as well as other related factors.
- Conduct orientation for new participants in regards to program services, polices and procedures.
- Maintain regular contact with referring counselor/agency.
- Provide individualized vocational counseling and guidance; teach life skills, work adjustment, transportation training, employment skills or other related curricula to participants on caseload.
- Prepare reports and summaries required for applicable funding and regulatory sources.
- Ensure smooth transition of cases across services and programs as necessary.
- Observe and meet with participants on the job in community-based work sites.
- Coordinate supervision of all participants to ensure program quality and consistency.
- Support and advocate for the program participant and their right to a higher quality of life through work within the parameters of the program.
- Ensure protection and confidentiality of participant’s rights.
- Ensure ongoing supportive counseling and crisis intervention as needed by coordinating referral to and utilization of community resources.
- Maintain all documentation and records of program operations. Separate, open, review and maintain participant case files and documents according to Career Services polices and procedures.
- Prepare annual participant individual training plan (ITP) for work and professional development and report progress in achieving goals.
- Comply with Agency, Career Services, Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF), federal and grant regulations, policies, standard operating procedures (SOPs) and the Agency’s safety and security policies and procedures.
- Participate or lead program advisory council, community advisory boards and/or associations related to trade as assigned.
Does this sound like a place for you? If so, please apply today. Our process takes about 15 minutes to complete. Once you do, our recruiting team will reach out to you within a few days. Thank you for your time and your interest in Goodwill of North Georgia.
Goodwill of North Georgia is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of Goodwill to consider applicants based solely on qualifications and merit; without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, disability, or protected veteran status.
Click here to apply.
Click here to return to the MAX Job Board.