From Goodwill of North Georgia:
Are you a person who loves to provide vocational and academic guidance and also act as a liaison and navigator between technical and community colleges on behalf of a career program? Come be a part of something worthwhile. When you work with Goodwill of North Georgia you’ll receive valuable training, experience and benefits.
What we’re looking for:
- Master’s degree in education, rehabilitation counseling or a counseling-related field.
- Bachelor’s degree in education, vocational rehabilitation or a counseling-related and one (1) year experience in the college setting in counseling, linking with community resources, special education or instruction.
- Associate’s degree in an education or vocationally related field and two (2) years’ experience in college setting in counseling, linking with community resources, special education or instruction.
- For Internal Candidates only: If an otherwise qualified candidate does not have the required educational degree, the candidate may still be considered as long as the degree is earned within a specified timeframe set by the Director as a condition of hire for this position.
- Strong analytical, writing and communication skills
- Experience with medical, psychological, social, and vocational aspects of disability and low-income populations.
- Knowledge of postsecondary education, community resources, occupational information and job readiness.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to facilitate positive actions and growth of participants in a flexible geographic environment where self-direction, prioritizing and organizational skills will be crucial to success.
- Strong ability to exercise sound judgment, patience and maintain positive working relationships with a wide variety of organizations and individuals.
- Reliable transportation.
Working Environment Conditions/Requirement:
- The ability to push, pull and lift 20lbs. with or without accommodations.
- Must be able to safely operate a vehicle and have a valid driver’s license.
- Must be able to meet all physical requirements to perform all duties relating to Career Services including driving, material handling, transporting and carrying documents, handbooks and various supplies.
- Bachelors or Associates degree in related field
- Bi-Lingual (Spanish)
What you’ll be doing:
As a College Career Catalyst you will provide vocational and academic guidance, advocacy, training, case management, and supervision to Career Services program participants, acting as liaison and navigator between technical and community colleges and Goodwill of North Georgia, Inc.
- Act as liaison, advisor, and navigator for program participants dually enrolled with technical colleges, Goodwill, and various partners associated with the CollegeCareerCatalyst (C3) Initiative.
- Provide vocational and academic guidance, assistance with applications, financial aid, registration, transcripts and/or all aspects of the college systems, through case management and related services to participants in support of the program’s financial, mission, training, continuous quality improvement and marketing goals.
- Assist in recruiting eligible participants qualified for funding to ensure financial sustainability of program.
- Ensure that highest quality, individualized services are delivered to program participants, with a focus on the mission of Goodwill of North Georgia, Inc.
- Conduct orientation to program, services, and policies and procedures for new participants.
- Maintain regular contact with technical colleges, high schools, referring counselor/agency.
- Teach life skills, work adjustment, pre-employment skills, or other related curricula to caseload.
- Prepare reports and summaries required for applicable funding and regulatory sources.
- Ensure smooth transition of cases across services, programs, and agencies, as appropriate.
- Spend time observing and meeting with participants on the job in community-based work sites, in the high schools, and the colleges.
- Within the parameters of the program, support and advocate for the program participants and their right to a higher quality of life through work and education.
- Ensure protection and confidentiality of participant rights.
- Work with participants and program team members to identify barriers to employment and barriers to education to develop and implement individual plans.
- Ensure ongoing supportive counseling and crisis intervention, as needed, by coordinating referral to and utilization of community resources.
- Ensure and maintain accurate documentation of program operations. Open, review and maintain participant case files and documents according to Career Services policies and procedures.
- Prepare professional development plan (PDP) and engage in quarterly updates on progress in achieving goals.
- Comply with Agency, Career Services, Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF), federal and grant regulations, policies, standard operating procedures (SOPs) and the Agency’s safety and security policies and procedures.
- Participate or lead program advisory council, community advisory boards and/or associations related to trade, as assigned.
- Maintain quality relationships with community partners.
- Participate in college, high school, community and Goodwill meetings as needed or as assigned.
- Attendance at the majority of quarterly targeted training forums (TTF)
- Completed all Career Services core training
- Other duties as assigned
Last year Goodwill of North Georgia helped put over 20,000 people to work and we want this year to be even better!
Does this sound like a place for you? If so, please apply today. Our process takes about 15 minutes to complete. Once you do, our recruiting team will reach out to you within a few days. Thank you for your time and your interest in Goodwill of North Georgia.
Goodwill of North Georgia is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of Goodwill to consider applicants based solely on qualifications and merit; without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, disability, or protected veteran status.
Click here to apply.
Click here to return to the MAX Job Board.