From Goodwill of North Georgia:
Are you a person who has the ability to teach and provide occupational skills and vocational training to others? Come be a part of something worthwhile. When you work with Goodwill of North Georgia you’ll receive valuable training, experience and benefits.
Requisition Number: SKILL08606. Apply at goodwillng.org.
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s or associate’s degree in related field preferred or a combination of education, trade or teaching experience and/or providing instruction in the specific trade will be considered.
- Three (3) or more years work experience in Basic plumbing, Basic electrical, Basic carpentry, Power tool use, Highway Construction and safety
- Previous experience providing training in the specific skill area.
- Strong communication, training and organizational skills.
- Working knowledge of designated trade and occupational field, current industry trends and practices, including competitive standards for job performance, readiness, retention, and advancement.
- Excellent knowledge of training practices and methods, including formal and/or on-the-job training, selection of materials, competency testing and curriculum design.
- Strong working knowledge of instructional design; of medical, psychological, social, and vocational aspects of disability and/or disadvantaging conditions; and of community resources.
- Knowledgeable of Microsoft Office Products.
- Excellent ability to facilitate positive actions and growth of participants in a flexible geographic environment where self-direction, prioritizing and organizational skills will be crucial to success.
- Ability to be flexible in hours and work location (within entire Goodwill service area) to accommodate the needs of the Program and Goodwill.
- Strong ability to exercise sound judgment and maintain positive working relationships with a wide variety of organizations and individuals.
Working Environment Conditions/Requirements:
- The ability to push, pull and lift 50lbs. with or without accommodations.
- Must be able to safely operate a vehicle and have a valid driver’s license.
- Must be able to meet all physical requirements to perform all duties relating to Career Services including driving, material handling, transporting and carrying documents, handbooks and various supplies.
- Prior military experience
- CPR and OSHA 10 Certified
What you’ll be doing:
As a Skills Trainer you will provide occupational skills training and vocational services to program participants for designated skilled trade(s) in support of the mission of Goodwill of North Georgia and Career Services.
- Provide skills training and vocational services in support of the program’s financial, mission, training, continuous quality improvement and marketing goals.
- Recruit participants qualified and eligible for funding to ensure financial sustainability of program.
- Assist to develop community work experience and training sites, with employer-paid training wages.
- Submit recommendations for equipment, tools, curriculum updates and necessary materials for effective delivery of training.
- Ensure that highest quality, individualized services are delivered to program participants with a focus on the mission of Goodwill of North Georgia.
- Supervise and train qualified personnel (as applicable).
- Train and supervise participants in various settings as assigned.
- Maintain regular contact with referring counselors/agency.
- Ensure smooth transition of cases across services and programs as appropriate.
- Within the parameters of the program, support and advocate for the program participant and their right to a higher quality of life through work.
- Work with employment staff to identify, recommend and assist with a range of job readiness, placement and development services in response to market demand and individual participant goals and needs.
- Ensure protection and confidentiality of participant rights.
- Work with each participant and program team members to identify barriers to employment and to develop and implement individual plans.
- Ensure ongoing supportive counseling and crisis intervention, as needed, by coordinating referral to and utilization of community resources.
- Ensure and maintain accurate documentation of program operations.
- Prepare annual individual training plan (ITP) for work and professional development and report progress in achieving goals.
- Participate in cross division and department teams, as assigned.
- Comply with Agency, Career Services, Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF), federal and grant regulations, policies, standard operating procedures (SOPs) and the Agency’s safety and security policies and procedures.
- Maintain documentation and control of the curriculum, instructional materials, and tools.
- As assigned, participate in advisory council meetings and associations related to designated trade.
- Develop and maintain quality relationships with funding, employer and community partners.
- Research and develop new training site opportunities.
- Plan and participate in community and Goodwill meetings as needed or as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
- When not needed for instructing the training class, assist in other program and Goodwill functions.
Does this sound like a place for you? If so, please apply today. Our process takes about 15 minutes to complete. Once you do, our recruiting team will reach out to you within a few days. Thank you for your time and your interest in Goodwill of North Georgia.
Goodwill of North Georgia is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of Goodwill to consider applicants based solely on qualifications and merit; without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, disability, or protected veteran status.
Click here to apply.
Click here to return to the MAX Job Board.