Microsoft will be holding a Virtual Career Fair on Wednesday, June 30th, which will be hosted by IAMCP (International Association of Microsoft Channel Partners). IAMCP is a professional association of Microsoft partners dedicated to helping companies and individuals in the “Microsoft ecosystem” to broaden their base of business opportunities through partnering with other IAMCP members – both within their own communities and around the world.
The event is scheduled from 10:00 AM – 6:00 PM as part of the Accelerate Atlanta | Microsoft initiative. Accelerate provides the digital skills needed to unlock new opportunities for diverse and local talent, in underserved communities, to fill high-demand jobs. This opportunity will provide job seekers – who are Accelerate Atlanta graduates – with potential hiring pathways to help employers fill your talent pipeline.
IAMCP will host a welcome session, with Q&A, from 10:00 AM to 10:30 AM and all are welcome, recruiters along with the job seekers.
Recruiters are invited to join to interview with the candidates and to also host an info session on your company if desired.
Contact Donna Abrusci, Microsoft Business Program Manager, with any questions and she will assist your recruiters through the set up process for your booths, adding available job postings and recruiter profiles.
The recruiter registration process is as follows:
- Date & Time: June 30, 2021 | 10:00am-6:00pm
- Event online location: The Cynaptx tool and Team meetings via IAMCP Virtual Career Fair
- Event goal: The Virtual Career Fair (VCF) is intended to start the connections between candidates and the Activate community partners. This will be done through group informational sessions and 1:1 screening interviews between recruiters and candidates.
- Hiring partner registration deadline: June 28, 2021
- Hiring partner time commitment:
- Each hiring partner recruiter should enter a minimum of 2-3 hours of availability in the tool for 1:1 pre-screening sessions. (meetings are 45 minutes)
- Each hiring partner may facilitate 1-2 Group Meetings (informational session). This is helpful but not required.
- The point of contact for your organization should complete this survey to start the process of registering on the Cynaptx platform. https://forms.office.com/r/kqJVjU3096
- Please expect organization and recruiter info to be added to Cynaptx within 24 hours
- After the recruiter is added to the Cynaptx tool, they will go to https://accelerate.cynaptx.com toset their availability for 1:1 meetings. (see instructions in this video)
- The organization’s point of contact will ensure the right employees are registered for the group meeting sessions.
Virtual Career Fair resources
- The Accelerate Atlanta website: Welcome to Accelerate: Atlanta (microsoft.com)
- This video (Accelerate Recruiter view in Cynaptx.mp4) walks through how to update your profile, meeting availability and group meetings within the tool. It is the same video linked above.
- Group meetings can be on whatever topic the hiring partner chooses. Suggested ideas:
- Welcome to ___ Company: an overview
- Creating a Culture of Diversity and Inclusion hosted by _____ Company
- Group Interview: meet recruiters from __ Company to learn about the roles available
- A look at the Corporate Side of ___ Company