On Wednesday, June 30th, MAX was joined by Lloyd Martin, Vice President with CKS Packaging, Maritza Gilmore, Lead of Corporate Social Responsibility with ALPLA, and Heath Alloway, Senior HR Manager also with ALPLA.
Like all manufacturers, CKS Packaging and ALPLA have had to adopt new and more advanced technologies to meet the evolving needs of their customer base. This has included meeting the increased demand for their essential industry products in the midst of COVID-19. As Martin, Gilmore, and Alloway explain, the need to recruit and retain prepared talent has only grown in importance as has the need for employers to be flexible in how they approach filling their workforce needs.
The session was moderated by MAX board member Avery Hart, Director of Economic Development with the University System of Georgia.
During this session, the following topics were discussed at length:
- Unique workforce programs and/or partnerships already in place at your company and the success with these programs.
- How technology and automation are changing skillsets that people need to have and what the future will look like.
- Career pathways, upskilling, customized training, continuing ed, and other requirements that will get folks to where they need to be.
- Most critical hiring needs today.
- Biggest pain points when it comes to recruiting, and strategies to mitigate these challenges.
RECORDING OF WEBINAR
A recording of the full MAX Talks session is available for MAX members.
MAX Members: Click here to access recordings of MAX programs. You will be prompted to enter a member password to access this member-only content. Email [email protected] if you do not know the password.
Not a member of MAX? And you don’t want to miss out on the latest insights through MAX Talks? We don’t want you to either! Click here to join MAX today and access MAX virtual events all year long for free!
ABOUT MAX TALKS
Launched in 2014, the mission of MAX is to advance economic competitiveness in the Atlanta region by strengthening connections, collaborations, and practices among workforce developers and organizations engaged in workforce development.
Through MAX Talks, MAX seeks to provide opportunities for workforce developers to hear directly from employers about their current and emerging workforce needs.