Business U is offering a 25% discount to MAX members who register to join the September 2021 National Cohort. MAX members save over $300 on earning a national business engagement credential!
Due to the longstanding partnership between Business U and MAX, Business U program administrators have committed to always make room for MAX members.
Back in 2018, MAX and Business U announced an exciting partnership to help make Business U’s Certified Business Engagement Professional (CBEP) online course more accessible to Georgia-based workforce developers. Since the partnership began, 19 of our state’s workforce developers have earned their CBEP credential through this course accredited by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET).
Said one Business U CBEP Graduate who participated as a result of the partnership with MAX: “What I learned is that businesses are wired differently and we have to meet them where they are in their heads every day. A business’ main mission is to be competitive, which is definitely not our mission. But, our role is not to show up and talk about all our programs and what the business can do for us, but rather to demonstrate how our services can help them in their mission.”
THE CERTIFIED BUSINESS ENGAGEMENT PROFESSIONAL CREDENTIAL
The 8-week CBEP course is designed to help workforce developers gain the necessary knowledge and skills to engage business and industry successfully as a partner in sector strategies, career pathways, work-based learning, and as a customer with government-funded services. The course culminates with a portfolio of engagement tools and an interactive capstone project—a strategic business engagement action plan (BEAP) that includes a one-on-one consultation (final oral exam) with the course facilitators.
Following is a sample of the anticipated learning outcomes:
- Understand the differences between a transformational and transactional business relationship.
- Understand the difference between supply and demand engagement approaches.
- Understand the difference between business services and business engagement.
- Understand the need to differentiate a “business” from an “employer.”
- Self-identify transactional and transformational business engagement behaviors.
- Apply relationship building principles to develop a transformational relationship with business and industry.
- Understand sector initiatives and registered apprenticeship as workforce development strategies to build a talent pipeline.
- Apply a performance-based scorecard that matter to the organization, regional partners, and business customers.
- Contribute to a regional resource map that serves employers during their various business cycles to enhance employment opportunities.
Upon the successful completion of the course, participants will have earned the professional designation CBEP (Certified Business Engagement Professional) and receive via mail a personalized Certificate of Completion that documents the earning of 2.4 Continuing Education Units (CEU).
BUSINESS U IS OFFERING A 25% DISCOUNT TO MAX MEMBERS WHO REGISTER TO JOIN THE SEPTEMBER 2021 NATIONAL COHORT. MAX MEMBERS SAVE OVER $300 ON EARNING A NATIONAL BUSINESS ENGAGEMENT CREDENTIAL!