From The Annie E. Casey Foundation:
The program assistant is a full-time, time-limited (one-year) and entry-level position, working with Casey staff and external partners to develop, track, assess, report and share the work of grantees. The program assistant helps promote policy and practice improvements that benefit residents, businesses and neighborhoods within Atlanta’s southside. This position reports to the director of Atlanta Civic Site and the senior associate overseeing economic opportunity and works with other Atlanta Civic Site staff overseeing various program areas.
Responsibilities and activities may vary across program areas but generally include program design, coordination, reporting, research, analysis and support.
- Serve as project manager for Casey’s Economic Opportunity portfolio work by identifying, managing and tracking tasks, partnership and grantee relationships
- Act as project manager for new youth-centered initiatives and the Changing the Odds network, including providing project updates, coordinating activities and managing the budget
- Manage the Community Investment Fund (CIF), including supporting a resident-led advisory board throughout the annual grant-making process, as well as assisting applicants, reviewing proposals and conducting site visits
- Research policies, coordinate listening sessions and schedule strategy meetings to support economic opportunities initiatives outlined in the ACS Strategic Plan
- Provide technical assistance to grantees, including coordinatiing and vetting grant applications and reporting processes, ensuring that grant-making guidelines are consistent with the annual budgets and strategic priorities
- Support strategies that inform organizing efforts led by youth and young adults
- Develop interim reports/presentations to track ACS investments in entities and consultants, scope of work and strategies led by people of color
- Coordinate grantee and stakeholder meetings by supporting agenda designs, communicating with partners and managing logistics when needed
- Support annual budget preparation activities
- Support the preparation and maintenance of letters of agreement, payment requests and program and expense reports for grantees and consultants related to programmatic work
- Maintain correspondence, respond to requests for materials and information, track and obtain resources and follow up on site visits and meetings
- Prepare oral and written summaries on projects and meetings, when requested, including the development of summaries of content and policy issues, strategies, literature, research, and/or data
- Draft PowerPoint slides and other presentation materials for internal and external audiences
- Manage vendor relations, ensuring contract compliance and billing accuracy in accordance with Casey’s policies and procedures and all applicable laws
- Oversee the work of interns
- Work collaboratively with Casey colleagues, partners, stakeholders and grantees
- Establish and maintain relationships with key contacts, organizations and networks, and attend meetings as assigned.
- Exhibit sensitivity to and respect for diversity in personal, professional and business relationships on behalf of the Foundation, and seek to utilize the Foundation resources in an equitable manner
- Participate in conferences, seminars, webinars and other activities to stay current on relevant areas of practice
- Participate in Casey Foundation and Civic Sites and Community Change unit meetings, trainings and other gatherings and convenings
- Demonstrate awareness and appreciation of the Foundation’s mission, values, standards, principles, and priorities, drawing on staff development resources, and other learning opportunities
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Click here for more information.
Click here to return to the MAX Job Board.