From Gwinnett County Government:
The Economic Development Manager position participates in creating a strategic plan, and its implementation, for the Economic Development Division for Gwinnett County. The position will establish economic development programs which create a framework for encouraging and facilitating business development, business retention, business attraction and incentive programs by coordinating access to County resources, including business assistance, business retention, and financing plans. This position will have a significant role in assisting Gwinnett County Board of Commissioners’ goal of sustainable development which makes the County an exceptional place to live, work and play.
Examples of specific responsibilities include:
- Develops short and long term economic and community development plans, works with County departments, municipalities, and other departments to identify and resolve issues which impact future development and redevelopment;
- Oversees all phases of business development and redevelopment in accordance with plans established by the Board of Commissioners;
- Prepares and maintains information on utilities, taxes, zoning, transportation, community services, financing tools, and incentives in accordance with economic development plans and purposes;
- Designs, develops and implements the County’s Economic Development Program, including the development of areas targeted by the County’s 2030 Unified Plan
- Establishes and maintains private and public partnership for positive long term economic change; promotes development through relationships between the County and business community, economic development agencies, state, regional and local agencies and relevant County departments
Click here to learn more and apply.
Click here to return to the MAX Job Board.