From Goodwill of North Georgia:
Are you a person who loves guiding others in planning and managing their career as well as supporting a team of others to do the same? Come be a part of something worthwhile. When you work with Goodwill of North Georgia you’ll receive valuable training, experience and benefits.
What you’ll be doing:
As a Lead Career Coach you will provide leadership to specific career center sites to facilitate access to vocational leads, support services, computer training, and community resources for job seekers, entrepreneurs and the general public in the Goodwill of North Georgia Career Center system. Last year Goodwill of North Georgia helped put over 20,000 people to work and we want this year to be even better!
You will also work on a flexible schedule in different locations, facilitating access to employment, self-employment, and community resources in support of Economic Development and Career Center’s financial, mission, training, continuous quality improvement and marketing goals.
- Facilitate access to employment, self-employment, and community resources in support of Economic Development and Career Center’s financial, mission, training, continuous quality improvement and marketing goals.
- Ensure that highest quality, individualized vocational guidance and services are delivered to participants by all staff.
- Implement operating plan that will meet or exceed program goals as they relate to the overall strategic plan as well as Career Services and Economic Development goals.
- Take leadership role in the development and implementation of workshops, job fairs, and other career development events.
- Directly assist individuals to attain the resources needed to successfully obtain or retain employment.
- Identify community resources regarding childcare, housing, transportation, tax benefits, etc.
- Follow-up with participants about progress in job search and track employment outcomes.
- Assist with training new staff on Career Center procedures as well as Goodwill policies in conjunction with the manager.
- In the absence of the manager, perform as the lead and go-to person for the career center.
- Ensure timely data entry for participant information into the designated database or report.
- Ensure protection and confidentiality of participant rights.
- Provide information to visitors or via telephone regarding all training programs and services available through Goodwill Career Services.
- Prepare and submit reports as required.
- Prepare professional development plan (PDP) and engage in quarterly updates in achieving goals.
- Assist with meetings and trainings by copying agendas, taking minutes, ordering refreshments, picking up hospitality supplies, and ensuring facilities are ready for visitors.
- Maintain training and meeting attendance records.
- Conduct research or community needs assessment, as requested.
- Comply with Agency, Career Services, CARF, federal and grant regulations, policies, standard operating procedures (SOPs) and the Agency’s safety and security policies and procedures.
- Assist Managers with coordination of assigned advisory bodies to achieve program targets.
- Maintain quality relationships with community resource providers and local employers to ensure growth, development, and functionality of the center.
- Provide receptionist duties as necessary.
- Attend majority of quarterly targeted training forum (TTF) sessions
- Complete all Career Services core training
- 85% or better on current YTD customer satisfaction score
- Develop and implement career center related business needs
- Complete Leadership Lessons, Organizational Leadership Certificate, and/or participate in CS credentialing program
- In conjunction with the manager, assist with training or mentoring new/existing Career Coaches at assigned center
Click here to learn more and apply.
Click here to return to the MAX Job Board.