From WorkSource Fulton:
The following duties are normal for this position. The omission of specific statements of the duties does not exclude them from the classification if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment for this classification. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Leads outreach to local employers to develop relationships that result in understanding needs and assisting employers in finding and retaining qualified candidates for high wage, high demand or high skill positions; establishes a responsive, regulatory-compliant and efficient system of work-based training opportunities, including on-the-job training, youth paid work-experiences, internships, incumbent worker training, customized training and apprenticeships.
- Works closely with local economic development, industry and education partners to serve as a business specialist for regional industry sector initiatives by providing labor market information, conducting business-building sessions, and linking businesses with skilled personnel trained in areas that are critical to keeping businesses competitive.
- Creates employment sourcing strategies, recruitment, pre-screening of applicants, and creation of industry/sector talent pipelines; reviews job orders to match applicants with job requirements, using manual and/or computerized file searches; assists in responding to “Rapid Response” events and other large lay-off activities; researches and provides Labor Market Information (LMI) to employers, state agencies, community colleges, and chambers of commerce.
- Identify and bridge skill gap deficits of job seekers to meet current labor market needs in conjunction with local and regional educational/training institutions; identifies and cultivates strategic collaborative alliances with economic development agencies, chambers of commerce, business associations, organized labor and trade organizations to assess service needs and opportunities.
- Participate as needed in on and off-site job fairs, career day events, workshops, seminars and other employment related activities; supports regional and inter-agency workforce development strategies including sector strategies; professionally represents the organization at community meetings and other forums; manages all aspects of assigned projects to ensure attainment of project goals; assists in identifying and developing new financial resources including grant and proposal writing.
- Implements and reviews policies and procedures to ensure delivery of quality customer service and performance metric success in accordance with state and federal laws and regulations; works with leadership to modify service delivery strategies and/or staffing in response to changing business and/or regulatory environments; communicates with Workforce Board to ensure policies actively reflect goals and objectives of successful program design; establishes and implements a demand driven business solutions system authorized by WIOA and other workforce development resources.
- Inputs, tracks and maintains timely database/computer updates of employer contacts, job leads, and related information to improve department productivity, and business partnerships for reporting purposes; conducts contract management and monitoring activities in accordance with all local, state, and federal laws and regulations to and align with best practices.
- Arranges and ensures delivery of adequate technical assistance to business clients, service providers and partners regarding program design, eligibility, and reporting; identifies corrective action as needed to achieve administrative compliance in program activities; builds collaborative relationships in the community and manages special projects as assigned.
Click here to learn more and apply.
Click here to return to the MAX Job Board.