From the Georgia Department of Human Services:
The Department of Human Resources (DHS) External Affairs connects with philanthropic community, faith-based groups and strategic partners for community engagement, fund innovation and to educate and share the spread the agency’s vision and goals. The role of the Executive Assistant is to provide high level administrative support to the DHS Deputy Commissioner and Assistant Deputy of External Affairs.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Serve as the primary administrative support for the DHS Deputy Commissioner of External Affairs and Asst. Deputy.
- Maintain daily task lists and ensure team adherence to action items and deadlines.
- As assigned, lead and/or manage special projects and/or associated action items.
- Manage the contract development and management process. This includes: serving as the primary liaison between the External Affairs, the DFCS Contracts Unit, DFCS Fiscal Operations, and the DHS Office of Procurement; managing the development of contract deliverables; and processing contract invoices.
- Liaison with the Commissioner’s and Division Director’s Office administrative support staff.
- Coordinate internal and external meetings (which includes managing space and any needed arrangements).
- Manage the budget and coordinate team expenditures and supply orders.
- Purchase and maintain office supply inventories with careful adherence to budget practices.
- Coordinate travel arrangements and complete expense reports.
- Create and manage filing systems.
- Other duties as assigned.
Click here to learn more.
Click here to return to the MAX Job Board.