From the Technical College System of Georgia, Office of Workforce Development:
The Business Services Specialist is responsible for supporting the statewide implementation and oversight of all business services-related efforts and initiatives under the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) for the Office of Workforce Development (OWD).
- Planning, supporting, and participating in roundtables, meetings and conferences related to workforce development and other business services-related initiatives;
- Developing a comprehensive understanding of WIOA, with particular emphasis on business services and work-based learning opportunities (on-the job training, incumbent worker training, and customized training);
- Serving as an office liaison to external education, workforce, economic development and other business services-related partners;
- Providing presentations to stakeholders on WIOA workforce development system, workforce trends, state-level workforce initiatives, etc.
- Collaborating with other state agencies and stakeholders to advocate on behalf of assigned initiatives and programmatic subject matter;
- Providing business services-related technical assistance and guidance to Local Workforce Development Areas (LWDAs);
- Training LWDAs and other stakeholders on WIOA-compliant business services activities and best practices;
- Drafting, editing, and presenting policy documents, research reports, and planning documents; and
- Other duties as assigned.
Click here to learn more and apply.
Click here to return to the MAX Job Board.