The first-ever Annual Meeting of the MAX membership was a memorable one as MAX members celebrated our first year as a Membership Association and looked forward to the days ahead.
The meeting was kicked off with an uplifting message from U.S. Senator Rev. Raphael Warnock regarding the important work we do in workforce development for metro Atlanta and Georgia. Following Senator Warnock’s remarks, MAX members heard from Josh Delaney, Legislative Director for Senator Warnock, who shared insights on Senator Warnock’s priorities in workforce development through a Q&A session with Daniela Perry, Vice President of the Georgia Chamber and MAX board member.
MAX members also heard from the following:
- Amy Lancaster-King, MAX 2020-2021 Board Chair, provided an overview of our key accomplishments over the past year and shared her gratitude for members of the MAX leadership team.
- Jenny Taylor, MAX Treasurer, updated the membership on MAX’s financial condition and noted how MAX is ending the year in good financial shape.
- Dana Inman, Chair of the MAX Provider Council, provided an overview of the Provider Council’s key activities in 2021 and discussed her vision for the Council’s ongoing work in 2022.
- Marion Phillips, Chair of the MAX Data Council, provided an overview of the Data Council’s key activities in 2021 and discussed her vision for the Council’s ongoing work in 2022.
- Joy Wilkins, MAX Facilitator, provided a MAX Program of Work update with highlights of how we’ve grown in our reach and abilities to serve.
- Wendell Dallas, Founding Chair of MAX, recalled the origins of MAX and discussed why he’s so proud of the MAX leadership, how MAX has become as a national model for collaboration, and where we are heading.
- John Helton, Incoming MAX Board Chair, acknowledged the smart, tenacious, and resourceful leadership of Amy Lancaster-King and discussed his exciting priorities for our work through MAX in the year ahead. These priorities are: (1) Equity, (2) Professional Development, (3) Collaboration, and (4) Accountability.
Helton also unveiled his leadership team for 2022-2023. The following executive officers have been elected by the MAX Board of Directors to serve with MAX.
- Chair: John Helton, Atlanta CareerRise
- Immediate Past Chair: Amy Lancaster-King, WorkSource Atlanta
- Vice Chair: Jenny Taylor, Goodwill of North Georgia
- Treasurer: Tim Cairl, Metro Atlanta Chamber
- Secretary: Daniela Perry, Georgia Chamber
The following directors have been elected by the MAX board to serve on the leadership team for the next two years.
- Wendell Dallas, State Workforce Development Board
- David Dietrichs, Kutak Rock LLP
- Sonya Grant, WorkSource Metro Atlanta
- Chris Green, University System of Georgia
- Lee Hunter, Georgia Department of Labor
- Dana Inman, Atlanta Center for Self Sufficiency (MAX Provider Council Chair)
- Amelia Nickerson, First Step Staffing
- Kristin Laarhoven, WorkSource Georgia
- Karen Leone de Nie, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta
- Dr. Ray Perren, Technical College System of Georgia
- Marion Phillips, Georgia Power (MAX Data Council Chair)
- Kevin Shea, Georgia Economic Developers Association
- Dr. Barbara Wall, Georgia Department of Education
- Paul Workman, Georgia Vocational Rehabilitation Agency
“I’m so excited and humbled to be the incoming MAX Chair,” said John Helton, noting his great appreciation for past chairs Wendell Dallas and Amy Lancaster-King. “I look forward to working with our awesome board of fantastic people.”